• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to upset your neighbors

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
Just in case the hemi car with the custom muffler delete exhaust just isn't going to cut it.

How about an oversized soundsystem for your living room?
So now you can additionally listen to your favourite techno music all night long. At a serious sound pressure level. :D

We'll this is my Heckl PA System that i bought used from a carny some years ago.
Heckl was a local brand who custom built those for use on public festivals. Not anymore as far as i know, though.
The cabinets and crossovers are custom built by heckl but the drivers are from JBL, an american company.
Those speakers can take some serious power. about 3,6kw RMS.
But given they are Bass Reflex not horn loaded, they also sound good on lower levels.

I already loved the sound of those speakers back when i was a kid.
So i ended up buying some, as mentioned earlier.

Heckl now sells "Bratwurst" on the "Wiesn" (Munich, Germany)

IMG_2317.JPG

Sorry, jbl is owned by Samsung.

I know they got bought out at some point.
Do you know when that happened? Those speakers are somewhat older, i think prior to the Samsung ownership.

I always liked the Sound of JBL Speakers, but i dont know the modern stuff they build today.

2017 when Samsung bought Harman.
They are/were the bee's knees.

I guess they are from the 90s or maybe early 2000s.
Bass Drivers for example are JBL 2226h. As far as i know original JBL technology not Harman or Samsung. (But you can still buy them new)

Really?
But you can still buy those drivers brand new.

But if that's true i guess that explains why they sound so good.

I’m a ham radio guy. If you REALLY want to piss off your neighbors tell them that you’re going to put up a radio tower in your yard, then just sit back and wait for the torch bearing mob.
Had a neighbor several houses down that had a tower up when I move here in 84 but he moved and took the tower with him. Never was a problem for me.....but I also had a 10.60 car back then :D

My old Bose system is a trip to listen to. Those speakers, pound for pound, will blow you away.

I could blast some old school metal through them and have the cops at my house in seconds flat. When I was a teenager, Slayer at high volume brought the police quicker than 911!!

My old Bose system is a trip to listen to. Those speakers, pound for pound, will blow you away.
901's?

Had a neighbor that would call the cops on me for just about anything. Forgot the exact count but over a time span of several years, he called the cops on me about 40 times. He finally threatened to kill me one time and it was my turn to call on him. He died not too long after that....and no, it wasn't me. He and another old guy made me their hobby. The other guy quit the earth shortly before my neighbor did.

901's?

Had a neighbor that would call the cops on me for just about anything. Forgot the exact count but over a time span of several years, he called the cops on me about 40 times. He finally threatened to kill me one time and it was my turn to call on him. He died not too long after that....and no, it wasn't me. He and another old guy made me their hobby. The other guy quit the earth shortly before my neighbor did.
Yes, out dated, but still great sound. I also have the small cubes for my surround sound that still sound great. They were big money years ago.

I remember years ago coming home from a weekend at the lake house and my neighbor saying I really like you sound system. I just looked at him and remember the kids were alone and he hadn't seen my system, obviously the kids had it cranked up to the max. It would pound the walls!!

Yes, out dated, but still great sound. I also have the small cubes for my surround sound that still sound great. They were big money years ago.
I bought a pair of 501's years ago and my Marantz 2245 wasn't up to the task. They sounded really good in the store though but don't remember what they had driving them. Didn't even try hooking up my older Kenwood 5150. Still have the Kenwood in the shop hooked to a pair of Fisher SR 314's that I picked up from the side of the curb after someone cleaned out their house after just buying it. I knocked on the door just to make sure they didn't want them and they said to take them as the old owner left them. Man, that was 20 years ago and they still sound good.

I have a Pair of Vintage Pioneer Speakers, about three foot tall , don't remember the model number, in my shop with an old Kenwood receiver that is way more than the room needs. I just hated not to use them.

had a pair of pioneer hpm 100's 200 watt model with solid walnut cabinet, had the triple bass reflex woofer. very nice for me back in the day. cops were called alot used to jam on them for about 15min. then turn them down cops would show up and hear nothing and leave, then back up they would go had it timed pretty good.

Auto Transport Service
Back