• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Withdraw Large Amounts of Your Own Money (Cash) From Your Bank Account

Its not so much the bank as its the illegitimate government here in the Occupied Territory.
'terrorism' has nothing to do with it, nor does 'money laundering' ; those are buzzwords put there to try and keep the sheeple asleep.
20K should be no problem if you play their game; sounds like your bank has issues. I would send THEM a bill for all they cost. Might wake someone up...
I would agree with closing that account and open up two or three others in separate places. Cash every check you can when presented as opposed to withdrawing it later and keep it in several different spots. Keep enough in checking to pay bills. Use cash otherwise. Have your wife/whomever open account in their name. Credit unions are usually a bit easier to work with, but they still have all the illegal governmental interference to deal with.
A shame that here in 'the land of the free' that you cant even use your own money...

Last edited:
The basis here because of the "patriot Act" is to stop (theater) mainly terrorism. the banks are now
responsible for "knowing" their customers, and their banking habits.
IMO do not close the account and go elsewhere to solve this particular issue, that will only raise more red flags.
You just need to go up the ladder. Do not give them a false BOS, that is federal bank fraud. Do not withdraw $5K at a time, that is a federal offense of "structuring".
You are currently doing nothing wrong, they just need to calm down, and you need to help them with that process, as BS as it all is.
Two weeks ago I withdraw 5 figures from my local bank (of 15 years) in cash for a deal that fell apart hours later in the day.
I returned to the bank drive thru hours alter to redeposit it. The bank teller asked me where I got the money I was depositing, I pointed to a nearby teller and said "from her earlier today"
I suspected it had to do with regulations, but it is our Government that has funded Iran and Hamas, not me.

I would expect the bank to explain the process and give me consistant explanations about the delays.

He says "$200,000", US of course.:lol:

Pocket change...
Brother travelled the world in a Herc with 2 million in a brief case handcuffed to his wrist, or left seat, just to pay for fuel on training flights! Of course it was tax payers money... LOL

Last edited:
I suspected it had to do with regulations, but it is our Government that has funded Iran and Hamas, not me.

I would expect the bank to explain the process and give me consistant explanations about the delays.
FACT simple, it's YOUR money. Obvious to anyone involved that you transferred it from an investment account to your bank account. ABSOLUTELY no reason that your bank couldn't have that on site within 72 hours to give to you, and yes you'd probably have to fill out gov paperwork to say what it was for. Just write "buying drugs" on it, get your money and then come back again in a few days and close your account.

Do I need to send my Wife down for you? She's closed at least 3 banks in town in the past 35 years. Piss her off, she makes a real scene, demands cash.. makes them count every last dollar out of the vault to close her accounts and then they lock the door until Fargo or Loomis can bring them more money in the next few days to reopen!

You are getting poor customer service which is enough reason to change banks. BUT, don't expect to be able to walk up to the new bank's teller and withdraw $20k without scheduling and waiting..... especially when those funds just got there via wire transfer from somewhere else.

The $10k limit for reporting has become unreasonable. That $10k, in place since 1970, would be akin to over $80,000 today adjusted for inflation! It's all because the gubment want to limit cash transactions (for many, many reasons).

If you are going to wheel and deal where cash is king and time is critical, you need to keep a wad stashed. It also helps to have accounts at multiple local institutions for those times when you need just a little bit more.

Its not so much the bank as its the illegitimate government here in the Occupied Territory.
'terrorism' has nothing to do with it, nor does 'money laundering' ; those are buzzwords put there to try and keep the sheeple asleep.
20K should be no problem if you play their game; sounds like your bank has issues. I would send THEM a bill for all they cost. Might wake someone up...
I would agree with closing that account and open up two or three others in separate places. Cash every check you can when presented as opposed to withdrawing it later and keep it in several different spots. Keep enough in checking to pay bills. Use cash otherwise. Have your wife/whomever open account in their name. Credit unions are usually a bit easier to work with, but they still have all the illegal governmental interference to deal with.
A shame that here in 'the land of the free' that you cant even use your own money...
And why I put the buzzwords you mentioned in quotes.
The problem is, all these "rules" have been in place for more than two decades, and because they were selectively enforced and haphazardly so, it's only as the noose tightens the public starts to notice, but's too late/
I suggested not closing the account for the time being.
Nearly every new account by law can be subject to up to 30 day deposit holds, not sure the OP is going to find that favorable.

Bank wires can be so much simpler than cash in many situations too.

This isn’t Bank of America by chance is it? My wife has been trustee/executor on an estate where they held the estate funds. They are absolutely terrible.

I had a bank wire withdrawn decades back, never knew that was even possible, speaking of "simple".

Bank wires can be so much simpler than cash in many situations too.

Remarkable as it seems, considering it is done a million times a day, there are sellers who don't trust bank wires. The last guy I suggested this to was convinced that I would steal all the funds in his account. He agreed to a bank cashier's check, but then balked when we went to his bank to deposit it and they said it would take a few days for the funds to clear.

Cash is still king and will be until it is eliminated altogether.

If you have to fill out paperwork, tell them the $20,000 is the 10% for the big guy, it'll most likely go right through.

24hrs notice over 20K, has always been normal to me, but I'm in a small town! I would figure a big town would have lots on hand! when I was buying my swimming pool kit in 92 teller handed me 5 $1000 bills! I'd never seen one before and neither had the pool company!

LOL Don... 1993 paying my contractors. I had 35 grand in 1000's. "how they hell am I gonna get change for this in Tim Horton's drive through". Not my problem...

Wow - This whole ordeal would have sent me thru the roof. I absolutely w/o reservation DON’T TRUST BANKS PERIOD!

I want nothing to do with them. I wish I could say what I’d like to say about BOA. I don’t, not because it’s bad language or anything against site rules - It’s because of some things I happen to know about them that would shrivel your gonads. And it’s nothing to do w/local issues. They are poison, pure poison. I had all my stuff w/them for 32 years - until I found out what I found out. I closed everything in a couple of days. I’ll never again keep anything of the most minuscule value in a large bank - Period. They have destroyed any and all credibility they may of had - And now I’m not just referring to BOA - All of Them….

And my father was a banker for 40+ yrs. But that was back when men like him and banks like that existed. Those days are far, far behind us in the rear view mirror….

I walked in and asked for $15 and walked out. The girl looked at me and said your buying a toy and I smiled. Get a new bank.

Newb question here:
If one accepts a bank wire transfer into their account, what records of that are kept (and if it meets criteria,
reported to the feds)? Does the bank send you a document on the deposit that's to be used for tax reporting
purposes later on?

Auto Transport Service
Back