• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Withdraw Large Amounts of Your Own Money (Cash) From Your Bank Account

Without turning this into a political debate. You are right, as an American I shouldn't have to.
I would rather check with TSA before, then go through a hassle at security and possibly miss my flight. Like you said in your post, "All you need us one agent having a bad day to ruin yours" Even if I'm within my rights.
Nothing political about it, it's all about knowing what is allowed and what is not allowed and how to protect yourself. There are not many here that have travelled the world with large amounts of cash and lived to tell about it. I've been into Yugoslavia with 1.5million US in cash on behalf of a group of 10 of us to buy 24 aircraft from the Yugo air force just before the war in the Balkans in '98. We lost the last 2 aircraft to US bombing just before we got them out. I also had $600K with me going into Northern Africa, to buy freshly overhauled aircraft engines, all while rebel wars were going on. Im pretty well versed. Have never been detained... 'till next week anyhow!

Just keep pounding your chest. You should revisit that Narcissist thread....
You ever get the feeling this dude (upon his recent appearance) thinks he knows more most 100 experienced guys combined - on pretty much any subject? He pulled that bs on me the other day on another thread. So I pinned his ears back with fact that didn’t include his narcissistic ego and all I got was ……. Crickets…

PS: @j-c-c-62

Just keep pounding your chest. You should revisit that Narcissist thread....
Well I admit, there are people who think they are better/more entitled without basis then others, and others who fail to accept/refuse without reason that someone else maybe more in the right on a topic than themselves.
I have little aversion to confronting both.
I try give my reasons openly and often.
Those that can't or won't, self-declare which camp IMO they live in.
And I have learned it often rubs both of the above, the wrong way.
Speaking of past threads, let me guess, you thought the recent delayed due process thread here of reacquiring a confiscated car was only about a car, and again I'm not surprised, that ruling applies legally equally here to confiscated cash "suspected of suspicious activity", and not a single one of 140? replies here has made that connection.

You ever get the feeling this dude (upon his recent appearance) thinks he knows more most 100 experienced guys combined - on pretty much any subject? He pulled that bs on me the other day on another thread. So I pinned his ears back with fact that didn’t include his narcissistic ego and all I got was ……. Crickets…

Pmost 100 experienced guys combinedS: @j-c-c-62[/USE
[/QUOTE]

Funny how those "most experienced guys combined" aren't able tp assdemlr a well treasoned counter argument with going personal.

Keep babbling..
Make up your mind.
BTW, I only comment on a topic that I feel I can contribute for the greater good, if it is more than one, deal with it.
And if all you have to do is listen to crickets, the end must be near, I got things to do, so keep listening, and I will get back to you.
Better yet, just ignore me, my ego can handle it.

Well I admit, there are people who think they are better/more entitled without basis then others, and others who fail to accept/refuse without reason that someone else maybe more in the right on a topic than themselves.
I have little aversion to confronting both.
I try give my reasons openly and often.
Those that can't or won't, self-declare which camp IMO they live in.
And I have learned it often rubs both of the above, the wrong way.
Speaking of past threads, let me guess, you thought the recent delayed due process thread here of reacquiring a confiscated car was only about a car, and again I'm not surprised, that ruling applies legally equally here to confiscated cash "suspected of suspicious activity", and not a single one of 140? replies here has made that connection.

Make up your mind.
BTW, I only comment on a topic that I feel I can contribute for the greater good, if it is more than one, deal with it.
And if all you have to do is listen to crickets, the end must be near, I got things to do, so keep listening, and I will get back to you.
WTF?

Make up your mind.
Say, by any chance do you own a Challenger?

This dudes been around now for all of six months and noticeably has inserted himself - as all are welcome - into quite a few general forum discussions. Since he likes to speak up - so do I. Narcissistic, egocentric, egotistical, loves to add input in some form of self designed psycobable. He’s just a balloon waiting for a pin to come along…. Pop goes the weasel…..

Following this string very closely. I foind it ironic since most modern bank owned ATM machines hold over 150k in cash at any given time and the branch has a hard time scrouging up 5k.

This is the big push towards digital currency. Hold on to you cash,

Never had anything even remotely similar to that happen.

I took out 15K once and the only question was "is all 100s OK?"

I pulled 6K last year to buy a motorcycle.

No questions.

I've only ever had one bad encounter withdrawing larger sums at one of our local banks. I was purchasing an older "vehicle" and was questioned what it was for. I answered- to spend it! An interview with the manager ensued and ended with " see that investment account?, if I don't have my cash in 5 minutes it leaves your bank by the end of day". His answer was, we are trying to protect you from potential scammers. I finally told him my shipment of AR-15's is coming. I had my cash in 3 minutes.

Auto Transport Service
Back