• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howdy from East Texas ('69 RoadRunner)

GreenhornRR

Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Derek and I thought I would join this forum to learn more about Mopars and more specifically RoadRunners. My father and I purchased this 1969 RoadRunner about four months ago after searching everywhere online for this exact color, engine and transmission. Personally, I've always loved the RoadRunner and I never thought that I would have the chance to own and drive one. I have to admit, I feel like I'm in a dream whenever I drive it.

It was over thirty years ago when my dad was in high school driving his first car, a 1969 RoadRunner very similar to the one shown in the picture below. He managed to make enough money to buy it from his neighbor from working during the summertime. He tells me that he couldn't believe his mother allowed him to drive such a monster for his first car. Unfortunately though, he had to sell it when he got to college because it was just too much maintenance and he needed something more reliable. Fast forward to roughly five months ago I was sent an email from my dad with a link to a 1969 RoadRunner that was for sale in Florida. We talked that night and I told him to ask the seller for a video of it. We probably watched it over a hundred times in all and after he talked to the seller and looked at more pictures of the car he was sold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0scqSGgipkw

Since then I have taken it to three different car shows. It's not a perfect show car, but it's a dang 1969 RoadRunner- What more can you say? It's since won the people's choice award at the first car show and best Mopar award at the third car show; I don't think the man driving the Plymouth Duster was too happy about that one. I don't want it to sit in a garage hidden away, I want it to be appreciated for the amazing piece of engineering that is it. The car shows have been a blast getting to meet people and listen to their stories of back in the day when they bought their 60s and 70s muscle cars off the lot brand new or when they raced their buddies in high school.

I'll stop typing and just let ya'll enjoy the video and these pictures.

Roadrunner.jpgRoadrunner1.jpgRoadrunner2.jpg

hi and welcome to the site very nice RR thanks posting your photos :blob1:

Welcome aboard!
Thanks for joining the Forum.
Nice car...!
Thank you for sharing the pics with us Derek.

Welcome Derek and I think you are the first newcomer to post a video for his first / WW post during my tenure anyway. Well done!

Used to live in Tyler before I moved back north. Welcome!

Beauty, cool RR, welcome to FBBO, I do love RR's

Hi Derek,
Welcome to FBBO.At first when I saw your vidio I thought you were going to do a burn-out.Damm maybe the next time.Just kidding,love your car.

Auto Transport Service
Back