• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurricane Irene

Pine trees are fairly weak and having them near any structures isn't a good idea. Also, no hurricane parties. A cat 3 hurricane without tornadoes is bad enough but if something happens like a window blows in, you need to be on your game to take care of stuff like that. My old home flooded (7") not because of storm surge but because of a drainage problem with the heavy rain and going outside to get blocks etc to lift furniture was hard enough without being half drunk! Stay safe and be careful...

My neighbor behind me has an old pine on his property, gotta be over a hundred feet tall. I pretty much have everything covered but THAT'S got me a bit concerned.

All I can do is pray that if it goes down, it goes in the opposite direction.

Hey guys good luck and god bless. Hopefully everyone stays safe and no one get's any damage.

My neighbor behind me has an old pine on his property, gotta be over a hundred feet tall. I pretty much have everything covered but THAT'S got me a bit concerned.

All I can do is pray that if it goes down, it goes in the opposite direction.

I'm praying that it will miss new york, and head tward DC then an earth quake happens and the under ground shelters that the politicians will be in will crack, then they will all dround, and we can start fresh. Lets all pray for that, and no mopar damage.

i was heading out to go racing and had to turn around. its coming down hard right now. another waste of a weekend. the sky is black here.

sitting inside waiting for the power to go out .... this storm is moving SLOW !! the eye is supposed to be here sometine after noon .... we'll see what happens !

I'm about ten miles from the ocean in South jersey by Long Beach Island, got every thing secured around the house. Picked up my generator from my shop which is about fifty miles from my house, and where my 2 cars and all my parts are. hope the roof stays on the shop.

My tree was an oak. Never seen a split trunk pine. 60 ft is a conservative estimate. Had 10ft step ladder on top of trailer style hi-lift rented from HD, and had to stand on next to top rung to cut top 10-15 ft off tree!

Good thing I had been watching "Axe Men" and logging documentary on PBS.
All parts of tree fell EXACTLY where I wanted them to.

Was 20% chance of rain here today, but has been raining torrentially since 11:30 (3:30 now). Had Charger out in yard sand blasting, barely got it back in.....DANG!

What kind of winds are you having? Ike was as big as this one if not bigger and meaner! I hate these things....

Hope you all are doing fine, it's coming down on me on the Delaware coast now.

What kind of winds are you having? Ike was as big as this one if not bigger and meaner! I hate these things....

Kinda tame around these parts at the moment (40 mi or so NW of Philly) Rain, but not even much of that. Oh well, at least tomorrow I'll be able to get all these damn plants out of the garage and back onto the porch where they belong. :Santa2:

Kinda tame around these parts at the moment (40 mi or so NW of Philly) Rain, but not even much of that. Oh well, at least tomorrow I'll be able to get all these damn plants out of the garage and back onto the porch where they belong. :Santa2:
I understand ! where in se pa are you ?

the wind's here in conn. are about 25 mph, so far 4to6" of rain, but the worst is yet to come. we still have electric, but 200,000 don't.

Stay safe,our prayers and thoughts are with you,s

Seems like the worst is over here, there are a few limbs down but nothing that has done any damage yet, still some pretty powerful gusts of wind but I guess the worst of the rain is over, the power keeps threatening to turn off....definitely wouldn't drive in this though!

Seems like the worst is over here, there are a few limbs down but nothing that has done any damage yet, still some pretty powerful gusts of wind but I guess the worst of the rain is over, the power keeps threatening to turn off....definitely wouldn't drive in this though!
What part of Massachusetts do you live in? I lived in Taunton when hurricane Donna came through. We were packed and ready to leave for Texas but ended up having to wait for it to pass. I remember a lot of trees being down along the roads when we were finally able to leave. Btw, except for Florida, this hurricane took the same path as Donna did....

I understand ! where in se pa are you ?

Near you actually, just north of Pottstown.

Well, the rain is just about over, but it's pretty freakin' windy. Which is alright I guess, helps dry out the basement. :duckie::duckie::duckie:

Godspeed to those still in the path.

wasnt that bad, lost power for 15hrs .... no property damage, took some videos with the GoPro as i was hanging out one of my windows ! will post them up later ....

Auto Transport Service
Back