• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

I just returned from a 2+ week road trip with the wife. 4400 miles on the '18 Ram 1500 4x4. What a great time it was....except staying in hotels...convinced the wife about buying a Class C RV and hitting the road that way. Can't wait for that. Having said all that, I have enjoyed my year of acclimation to freedom from daily commitment , otherwise known as work!

One of these would do me just nicely....

It still makes no sense. It worse then me saying, I used to go on alert every 3rd week. you have no idea what I'm talking about or what it means!
Wut.jpg

Apparently I'm not the only one hearing the call of the Winnebago. :lol:

here's my last class A RV Motorhome (when it was sold)
1997 Safari Serengeti, on a Magnum chassis
Caterpillar Pusher, Allison 5 speed auto
new it was $200k+ I got a storming deal, Oct. 97
I bought it used with 20k miles, for $108k (IIRC)
sold it for like $84k in Nov. 2002, had 150k+ miles on it

Budnicks 97 Safari Serengeti #1 Motorhome Cat-Allison Pusher front.jpg

my current travel trailer 36' 5th wheel
2002 Jayco Designer
pulled by a 2002 F-350 Extra Cab
7.3ltr Powerstroke diesel 'dually' 4x4, 5 speed manual
both appr. $80k worth org., it's now both combined are worth
like $15k-$18k, 150k+ (1/2 that on the trailer) miles later

Sonora Back property #4 Car Port RV & Boat.JPG

they all age like in dog years 6/7:1
& a depreciate in value just as fast too
There's more maintenance & asoc. costs
then some would think too, always something,
always spending

all of them (tow rigs & MH) have been modified for more power
better tune, better mileage & better towing capacity/capability

among many other racecar trailers, from 24'-45' I've had
5th wheels & goosenecks & tag alongs too
some with living quarters, shower, cabinets etc.,
last one was a Featherlite 2 car trailer 45'
I had any number of tow rigs from
a 76 Chevy stepside PU, F-250 work truck (with open or tag trailers)
a couple of each Ford Dually, Chevy Dually, Ram 2500/3500 etc.
Class C to Class A motorhomes
Intermediate International with a Diesel Cat. motor & Allison trans
& later a Kodiak, with a Detroit Diesel 10 speed to tow with

It's great way to see the country
it ain't cheap either, not if you do it right

Last edited:
Tomorrow is my last day at work, retiring after 20 years. Hard to believe that I closed my NAPA store that long ago and started working for the state.

Not sure how I feel about the end of this chapter of my life, but looking forward to beginning the next one.

Tomorrow is my last day at work, retiring after 20 years. Hard to believe that I closed my NAPA store that long ago and started working for the state.

Not sure how I feel about the end of this chapter of my life, but looking forward to beginning the next one.
Best of luck on the new adventure! Enjoy it!

All the Best. Sounds terrifying. When it is NOT about $$$ or being debt free, the decision is even more difficult.

i am pretty well set on a Class C on a Mercedes Chassis. I have read nothing but good about those Mercedes diesels. Reliable, GREAT mileage, plenty of torque to tow a jeep or other transportation. Just the wife and I so I don't need lot's of space and besides, I don't feel like learning how to be a bus driver at this point in my life.

i am pretty well set on a Class C on a Mercedes Chassis. I don't feel like learning how to be a bus driver at this point in my life.
D- It's just me, but I'm lookin at a C under 30' and installin about 700 W of solar and ditchin any 3 way fridge in it. DAM IT! I'm tired of DFAS F-IN with my reduced retirement for the past year!! I have no love for the 349th, and the Retirement service for Veterans receiving answers to entitled BENIFITES!!
Rant off, I'm sick of this!!!

i am pretty well set on a Class C on a Mercedes Chassis. I have read nothing but good about those Mercedes diesels. Reliable, GREAT mileage, plenty of torque to tow a jeep or other transportation. Just the wife and I so I don't need lot's of space and besides, I don't feel like learning how to be a bus driver at this point in my life.

Besides being expensive, those MB campers are pretty tight inside. I've had several MB Sprinter work vans & the V6 really isn't that powerful. The old inline 6 was a better engine. Don't know if the camper uses the same size V6 as the Sprinter vans, but if they do, I don't see how you can tow with the additional weight of a camper body. Maybe I'm wrong, but be sure you drive one first.

Spent the better part of my life in the military, " Doing more before 9am, than most people do all day". Owned several businesses along the way, traveled the planet. Medically retired at 57. Miss the buddies, the camaraderie, the travel. Miss flying, a lot. Miss having a purpose, being the best, or striving towards being the best in my field, the competition. Miss the cutting edge tech and constant upgrading of aircraft and practices.
On the other hand, not having to constantly be in motion, be ready to go at any hour, not being subject to flying into a hail of lead are all welcome changes.
Love my life on the farm, our animals keep us busy, even though there is snow, and low temps they still need to see me at least twice a day. Every day. The freedom to get up at 0500 and work a full day doing whatever needs doing , OR, sitting around in my jammies and reading a book is always a good thing too! I would have liked to keep working until 65 or older but is was not in the cards. I hoped at the time, that my retirement was going to end up being one where I could still get a job. Not happening, i'm unemployable. Brains too screwed up. But i'm not crying in my oatmeal here, i'm happy to be alive, ambulatory, and reasonably able to gainfully occupy my time with stuff I enjoy. The gubmint is treating me well and taking fine care of me with little or no hassles. So far. I see old fellas every day with white hair, out there working their asses off so they can eat. Feel for them.

I have a job offer on the table that I'd jump all over if it wasn't for the kids. I've got a company begging me to come work a weekend shift, Sat-Mon 12 hr shifts but get paid for 40 hrs.... Tuesday-Friday off every week:bananadance:.

Between my kids I have Kung Fu, Softball, Soccer, Gymnastics and Basketball and have never missed a game so I just can't do it.. at least not right now.

Well Kung Fu barely scratches the surface, they teach joint locks, pressure points, chokes, etc. I like the instructor because it's not about belts it's 100% about how to defend yourself and take out the aggressor by any means possible short of killing them and the girls are taught ruthless tactics... breaking fingers, crushing groins.. anything goes.

This world is sick and this is all I know to do for my kids knowing the world they will inherit.

Auto Transport Service
Back