• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need yall's opinion on some wheels

L&LClassics

Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
I would like to know what you guys think of the wheels I have on my gtx. I have been told they are period correct but I'm thinking about buying a set of magnum 500's. Would you stick with these or get some mag 500 wheels?? :confused3:

Attachments

• IMG_1919.jpg
    IMG_1919.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 434
The wheels you have look good, but I would go with the 500s and maybe wider in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking car too.....really like the gold paint and black top.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the look of the gold paint and black top. Like the wheels you have but I would go with the 500s and maybe wider in the back.

I'm leaning the same way you guys are. I really like the 500's and I think they would go well with the black top. Wider in the back is a great idea. I will have to look into that. Thanks fella's.

Great looking car. You can't go wrong with either set of wheels. I gotta get the picture of the GTX my parents had from my mom. I'm thinking it looked a lot like yours. Boy do I wish he didn't switch up the cars so frequently. That would have been a great one to have now.

I'd stick with what you got...Gives it more of a mean/sinister look IMO. Magnums are great looking wheels, especially when going for that classic muscle look. I run both, so it all depends on what feel/look you're going for. Good luck, wheels are a tough choice!

11.jpg

were.jpg

I really like Magnums, but those wheels look good on your car.

I like the wheels on it now. Nice car. Nice stance.

Nice Car ,love that color too. I think your car makes both types look good.

Mag 500's give a car a certain aggressive look what ever the size. When I bought my car it had 14" jelly bean mags on it and now the 15" 500's they go good with any paint job too. But it's your car do it your way what ever you decide will look good it's a mopar! :)

4959cae1-bead-4fcd-8379-e0b681e59f14.jpg

I really like how the silver of the wheels offsets the gold paint but I'm not going to be much help because magnums look cool on them too!

I think it would look good with either wheel on it. The Torque Thrust go perfect on my 63 as its perfect for the era but either fits the late 60's era for your car. Ron

I've never been a fan of those wheels, but they do look good on your car! :headbang:

I like what you have now,

if you want a more stock looking appearance

Magnum 500's or known as "Chrome" Road Wheels in the 1968 year models, look OK too

to me it's really a personal preference...

I like a wider rim & tire on the rear, no matter what wheels they are...

Like I said it's really a personal preference,
wheel selection is like a jewelry or ring on a woman, it's all about personal choice & what moves you...

Crager SS or Torque Trusts {US Mag ET Mag American Racing etc.} or Polished Slots {like Ansens} or Halibrands {my personal favorite} or Plymouth's Road Wheels {Chrome Mag. 500's, with-out a Stainless or Alum. a trim ring} or Salt Flat Wheels or Keystones or Appliance or Western or Superior, they would all be era specific & correct...

Attachments

• Rim American Racing Torq-Thrust Gray are-1055761_w.jpg
    Rim American Racing Torq-Thrust Gray are-1055761_w.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 182
  • Rim Ansen Sprint Slots Advert. #1.jpg
    Rim Ansen Sprint Slots Advert. #1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Rim Crager SS Super Sport CRR-61015_SN #1.jpg
    Rim Crager SS Super Sport CRR-61015_SN #1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Rim Crager Keystone classics crr-325799.jpg
    Rim Crager Keystone classics crr-325799.jpg