• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify the radios ??

6pktgo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
All am radios,. I know some are 70 b body as I need 2 at some point for my cars but I've gathered these over the last 30 + years and some have to go. Can anyone in the know identify these starting at the top ? Thanks for the help.

Can't load pics right this second,. I'll be back

Pics

20220414_102724.jpg 20220414_102654.jpg 20220414_102710.jpg 20220414_102631.jpg

Let's get some close ups of them as well as the paper tags as that will greatly help us ID them.

Top is A body, second thru # 6 are 70 B body, not sure on the bottom one. Let me know if you are selling any of the 70 B body radios.

Top is B body.
Third one with the bolts is C body
6 is C body, note bolts
7 is b body note threaded posts.
The C body ones have holes for the bolts and a small locating pin beneath the hole. I have found this by comparing my radios.

Note the weird side bracket on the top one

Top is B body.
Third one with the bolts is C body
6 is C body, note bolts
7 is b body note threaded posts.
The C body ones have holes for the bolts and a small locating pin beneath the hole. I have found this by comparing my radios.

Above is incorrect....2-6 are definitely 70 B body radios. All 68-70 B body radios (AM, AM-FM and 8 track) used two bolts at front to fasten to dash frame and have stud at the rear to attach to dash brace. Also, 70 B body radio will have a dish shape in the top side of the buttons. Most radios have the dish shape on the bottom of the button and smooth surface on top.

Last edited:
Above is incorrect....2-6 are definitely 70 B body radios. All 68-70 B body radios (AM, AM-FM and 8 track) used two bolts at front to fasten to dash frame and have stud at the rear to attach to dash brace. Also, 70 B body radio will have a dish shape in the top side of the buttons. Most radios have the dish shape on the bottom of the button and smooth surface on top.
THANK YOU! Learned something again.
I was comparing the top radio to the ones on the bottom, which are C body. Noticed front bolts and back brace bolt were the same. Knew they were different from my other body b body radios.
This one is 15D43159BO1 AM/FM, bottom ones are AM/FM also.
52049380-FA0C-42AD-88BE-F5DD8B88AD14.jpeg
47F5D030-C3B7-470D-9773-58B519A1CB5D.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back