• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a lucky guy in Ventura Ca.

fullscalehotrods

Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
Just joined this site and wanted to introduce myself and my newly acquired 1969 426 Hemi Road Runner. I was approached by one of my clients six weeks ago and he told me of a car he owned since new. He ordered this car when he was 18 years old. When he told me what it was, I had to check myself! This Road Runner was sitting in a field down in a ravine below his home since 1978. He took the motor and trans out of it and tore the motor down. I asked him why he took it apart? His answer, back in 78' he had 4 tickets and insurance was too much and gas was expensive. The police where up his A$$! And quite frankly he was a bit of an a-hole at the time, no joke!!! Time went by and in 1990 the Painted Cave Fire went through his property and destroyed the house and garage. The fire missed the actual car, but lost in the fire was the hood, some small parts, etc. The bare block and related motor parts were engulfed in the fire. I have the original block and heads an am trying to save the block to keep it numbers matching, heads are toast. I'm really excited about the project and I'm reaching out for some help and guidance. My name is Troy Martin and I own a hot rod shop in Ventura, Fullscale Hotrods. So, I'm not a rookie when it comes to cool cars and I own several other Mopars. My intent is to restore this car to correct as possible. Still can't believe I got it! Any and all help and info is appreciated!!!
69 Roadrunner Day1.JPG
Roadrunner Day 1.JPG
Vin Roadrunner.JPG

Welcome to FBBO - great score good luck with the rebuild. Lots of support to be had on FBBO

Wow! Awesome story! You are extremely lucky! Start a build thread as I know everyone is going to want to watch this one!

Thank you all for the welcome. Im starting to tear the car down to have it chemically striped to bare metal so that I can replace all the bad metal. The original owner sent me photos of the day he picked it up I'll post those soon so you guys can see what it looked like back in the day!!

Thanks for saving it. Don't fade away, keep us posted.

Awesome save! For the life of my I can't understand why people abandon their cars to rust away.

welcome to FBBO awesome find keep us posted on your progress

Welcome to FBBO from hot, dry & sunny NorCal Sierra's

Cool story, thanks for sharing
good to have another pro onsite too

for sitting out in the weather/elements all them years it looks pretty solid
gotta' love Calif. cars

It's got a "Hemi" Baby or had anyway, good luck with the restoration

I can't see how anybody is lucky to be living in Ca. and even worse in Ventura. Get out while you still can. Welcome to the madness. Nice find BTW.

Welcome to FBBO.
Great looking project and a neat story....like the others have said....keep us updated as you go please.:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back