• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm back and starting over...

RzeroB

Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
I'm back and starting over. Yeah, been out of the scene for a while but I'm looking to get back in. Allow me to tell you where I have been...

I've been a Mopar fan ever since I was riding the schoolbus home from middle-school in the '70's and a Sassy-Grass-Green '71 'Cuda closed on the bus from behind, lingered there for a while waiting for an opening, and then went roaring by. It was the most beautiful awe inspiring car I had ever seen up until that point.

Since then I've owned 16 Mopars, most of them E-bodies of which two were convertibles and one was a Hemi . I was cruising the streets, going to shows and racing with a 440 powered '69 Dart drag car I had during that time too. Even though I was in the military and having to drag my cars from state to state with each move to a new duty station, I was living the Mopar life and it was good.

Then I got married and had kids. As the needs of the family grew the Mopars became a luxury. I tried going with some A-bodies but over time I couldn't even afford to hold on to them. By the mid '90's all my Mopars were gone and I was driving a mini-van. I was Mopar-less. It was tough but I kept in touch with the hobby with the help of the internet and going to the shows.

Now the kids are all grown up and out of the house. With that done, I would like to get back in the game. Yep, once bitten by the Mopar bug it never leaves ya! Figured if I'm ever going to get back in now is about the best time to attempt it. Car prices are "depressed" (relatively speaking of course!), loan interest rates are incredibly low and I'm certainly not getting any younger! With the power of this forum (and a couple others) it makes it a lot easier to get caught up and find out what's going on out there in the hobby.

I've always liked the '67-'69 Barracuda fastbacks but I'm open to just about anything. I'm sure there is a nice one out there somewhere just waiting for a new owner like me. Now all I have to do is start looking around and find one with the right deal that I can pick up without breaking the bank. I've been hanging around over on Moparts, Cuda-Challenger, FEBO, and FABO so I thought that I would also check in here and say "hi" and look to see if there are any B-bodies that might catch my eye.

Welcome RzeroB. Parts of your life mirror mine...military (Navy), moving with multiple cars, selling out to get a mini van...You are right, now is the time. I also waited until kids' college was mostly paid for before getting back in. Did one and am now 'looking' for the next project. Good luck in your quest!

RzeroB, welcome back! Never too late to get back in the game. I was out for several years myself. But back for good! Good luck on your search! Keep us posted!

Welcome from new jersey. That is a great intro.

Welcome and good luck finding that perfect car!

Welcome

Great Story RzeroB ! , :popcorn: Welcome to FBBO, :tiphat: Been here a little while myself & There`s Plenty of Good People & Info on this site. :icon_pidu: Good Luck with your search, :jiggy: from "The Great White North". :frozen tongue: Really Like your Avatar!! :tongue9:

Thanks.

Yeah, I love those wheels up Super-Stockers don't you?

As for B-bodies, ones that I have a particular interest in would be '64 Plymouths (Savoy, Belvedere, Fury, or Sport Fury) and '66-'67 Chargers. Just throwing that out there in case anyone has a lead on one that is for sale.

Thanks.

Yeah, I love those wheels up Super-Stockers don't you?

As for B-bodies, ones that I have a particular interest in would be '64 Plymouths (Savoy, Belvedere, Fury, or Sport Fury) and '66-'67 Chargers. Just throwing that out there in case anyone has a lead on one that is for sale.

welcome back to FBBO, good luck check out the for sale section...

welcome back!!!

Ill be the first...:worthless_thread:

pics of any your MoPar's are welcome here...

good luck on your search for a B-body! We have a wealth of information here at FBBO that you can tap into any time! :headbang:

Welcome back. There's a few nice cars over in the for sale forums now and its a good time to be a buyer I think. 69roadr has a very nice Red 69 RR that needs some finishing and Plymouth67 has a really neat 66 satellite convert and there are some very nicely completed cars and a sweet silver 68 RR and and

Welcome back, Tom. I went 25 years between cars myself.

Auto Transport Service
Back