• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Human Kindness

Thunderlugs

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
6 weeks ago our daughter took her otherwise healthy 4 year old daughter, Delaney Krings, to the doctor for a seemingly innocent ear infection. A few days later with no improvement and further developments they took her to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. The diagnosis took a tragic turn to terminal brain cancer. A very aggressive tumor enveloped her brainstem area leaving no path of beneficial treatment available!! Seizures and strokes have left her partially paralyzed, diminishing eyesight and motor functions is now occurring as the tumor advances.
For her birthday, Friday the 16th Delaney has simply asked for birthday cards. That message got out and around worldwide! Thousands of cards have been and continue to pour into the small town of Pewaukee. Her story due to media and social media has taken on an unconceivable level. People, fundraisers, companies, and a parade on her birthday in her honor with hundreds of local people, cars and trucks, First Responders and Law Enforcement have let us speechless.
My point of this message is that the world around us has much good left in it, and it is my hope that we take the time to acknowledge that during the holiday season.
Sincerely,
Thunder

THANKS for sharing such a sad situation Thunder and the amazement that can surround one. I've been down this road as a Father and that "surrounding" is what will help carry you through the anger and sadness of "why us" as time moves forward. God Speed to all of you and remember to take care of yourselves and your Daughter through all of this.

How very sad, a child should never have to go through anything like this.
Best wishes for the little one....
I was very fortunate in business and retired at 48 years old. My trust leaves mine with enough and the large amount goes to st jude and shriners.
Every time I hear of a kid in these types of situations it just painful.....
My best wishes and prayers.......

I am at a loss for words. I am astounded by peoples kindness, which makes me feel good. The tragic events that your family is going through is heartbreaking

Thunder,
So sorry to hear to hear of the recent turn of events in your family. My heart grieves with yours. Thank you for sharing the glimpse of goodness in the world you're experiencing. It's often the most heartbreaking circumstances that allow us to see the best in people. I know that's not always the case, but grateful to see your family receive the outpouring of care it is. Especially around the holiday season. Praying for strength for your family to endure this difficult time.
- PlymCrazy

I too am completely at a loss for words. There’s really nothing that can be put into words. God bless the little one and all of your family. Our Lord will surely welcome her to his side when that time comes.

@Thunderlugs: Prayers to your entire family. Similar issue with oldest granddaughter: started around 4 yrs old: lots of brain scans etc.. due to her seizures: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia gathered all kinds of sensor data: POSSIBLE lower blood flow to 1 side of brain vs other: trouble getting that data to them in KS where they now live: Still having seizures, but not as bad, less often: MAYO Clinic may be in future: She just had her 8th bday. STAY STRONG, HAVE FAITH and GET ALL RECORDS!!
Be Delaney's ROCK & POP-POP!!

Thank you for sharing this painful story and the uplifting show of support this little girl and her family have received. My heart breaks for what you must be experiencing, it's nice that there was some light in an otherwise dark time.

So so sad, I have no words...
Poor lil' girl, my deepest heartfelt sympathy goes out to her
& you or the family

it's great she's getting some solace out of all this bad...

there are still some truly caring/kind people out there

Merry Christmas greetings.jpg

6 weeks ago our daughter took her otherwise healthy 4 year old daughter, Delaney Krings, to the doctor for a seemingly innocent ear infection. A few days later with no improvement and further developments they took her to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. The diagnosis took a tragic turn to terminal brain cancer. A very aggressive tumor enveloped her brainstem area leaving no path of beneficial treatment available!! Seizures and strokes have left her partially paralyzed, diminishing eyesight and motor functions is now occurring as the tumor advances.
For her birthday, Friday the 16th Delaney has simply asked for birthday cards. That message got out and around worldwide! Thousands of cards have been and continue to pour into the small town of Pewaukee. Her story due to media and social media has taken on an unconceivable level. People, fundraisers, companies, and a parade on her birthday in her honor with hundreds of local people, cars and trucks, First Responders and Law Enforcement have let us speechless.
My point of this message is that the world around us has much good left in it, and it is my hope that we take the time to acknowledge that during the holiday season.
Sincerely,
Thunder
Prayers to your granddaughter and family. This world will always have good left in it. Please share the fundraising site(s).

Prayers go out to your Granddaughter and your Daughter. Rough time of year to go through this. We're all here for you, just ask.

I'm so very sorry she is going through all she is.
Prayers for her and your family.
God bless her.

I’m sorry to hear about this awful situation. But it’s nice to read a positive thread, one that’s pointing out the good in people. I wish your family the best, Happy birthday Delaney, get well!

I had the good fortune of meeting Delaney just a few weeks before this happened. Thunder and I had gone to a car show together that day and were sitting in his kitchen afterward enjoying each other's company when Delaney and the other grandkids stopped in. She's such a sweetheart, and the news a few weeks later was shocking and heartbreaking. Tom, you know we're all with you, Kathy, Heather, and the whole clan. I hope you all have a great time tomorrow and it brings everyone some joy in the middle of all of your stress.

Auto Transport Service
Back