• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior restoration

tmp_20140602_163045-1569288217.jpg
Had an extra piece of carpet leftover from my interior redo so I decided to recover the trunk divider with a mopar logo under the carpet. Its really subtle but looks cool once you notice it. Took lotsa staples to hold it down while the glue set up. Anybody else ever do something like this? Id love some new ideas to incorporate into my ride. Sorry my pics kinda crappy its hard to get a good shot of it.

Man... I really love those 66-67 Charger interiors. Looking good, love the white/red combo.

Had an extra piece of carpet leftover from my interior redo so I decided to recover the trunk divider with a mopar logo under the carpet. Its really subtle but looks cool once you notice it. Took lotsa staples to hold it down while the glue set up. Anybody else ever do something like this? Id love some new ideas to incorporate into my ride. Sorry my pics kinda crappy its hard to get a good shot of it.

AWESOME!!!!

My divider is getting setup with some JL Audio goodies. couple of 8.8's and an amp all in white. My seats have the Dodge Division logo embroidered in them.

driver's seat is in. Last up is the driver's door panel. I swapped in a window regulator I got from A383Wing, silky smooth now. I also have a steering wheel to swap in as well. I got a call today and my converted radio should be here Saturday or Monday. Then I'll take it for the rest of the stereo setup, the JL Audio goodies I mentioned above.

more pics to feast your eyes on.
IMG_4263.jpgIMG_4264.jpgIMG_4265.jpgIMG_4266.jpg

so.... what you're saying is that if I drop my car off at your place tomorrow I can pick it back up next weekend and the interior will look as sweet as yours? :eusa_think:

you take check, right?

i'm sure the second one would be way easier. But I don't think I'll ever do another interior in one of these. LOL

I wont do another interior in a first gen Charger either...

and it's gonna be hard to steer that car without a steering wheel

New pics and yes there is a steering wheel. Might not be to everyone's liking. I Needed a 14" steering wheel to get some more room for me in the front seat. I am a rather large guy. Not so much in the gut. but for my legs. a few odds and ends to wrap up then i'll stop for a bit on this one. I took it out yesterday afternoon and wow was the ride great. the new seats are really comfortable, the road noise was done thanks to the Frost King and extra thick jute i used. I already had someone ask me how much to buy it. I gave him a rather high number knowing he wouldnt pay that. It was great to have people see the interior in the car and be amazed at how well it looked. Like I said I few more things and the full radio, speaker amp setup. But man it looks nice.

IMG_4267.jpgIMG_4268.jpgIMG_4269.jpg

It DOES ride nice and looks fabulous!! Can't wait to cruise around with my handsome hunny bunny!!!

Just got done putting mine back together. Doesnt look as awesome as the red and white though.

Attachments

• tmp_20140608_211648-1463856754.jpg
    tmp_20140608_211648-1463856754.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 448
  • tmp_20140608_210824464692386.jpg
    tmp_20140608_210824464692386.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 432
What a beautiful job you did on that interior! White and red is one of my favorite combinations for the first gens. I notice you have aftermarket gauges; I know a guy who can fix the originals....lol!

Mark

What a beautiful job you did on that interior! White and red is one of my favorite combinations for the first gens. I notice you have aftermarket gauges; I know a guy who can fix the originals....lol!

Mark

Thank you!!!
All the EL Gauges light up and work. The EL in my radio I just had converted by SM ElectroTech also works. I found them on your website. I'm glad I did. The extra gauges are a voltmeter, oil pressure and temp. Which is the typical set people seem to add to every muscle car. people just can't handle not seeing numbers. If my gauges ever do need work I'm sending them to you. :)

Here's the radio for my 66 Charger that SM Electro-Tech did for me. They cleaned it up really good and even checked to see if the EL lighting in the radio still worked. Which it does. I'm hoping to get it into the place that did my seats this week. I'm going with 2 JL 8.8 marine speakers and 200 watt amp in the fold down to the trunk. Should fill the charger with some nice sound. I ran a cable for the Aux in along the dash, into the channel along the driver's door, then across with the wiring for the center console and shifter then into the center console to plug my phone in for tunes. I made sure i had enough cable so I could pull the phone all the way out of the center console and still be connected to the radio.
IMG_4272.jpgIMG_4273.jpgIMG_4274.jpg

Radio in, amp, speakers installed and it goes to Eleven. The EL in the radio works. The whole setup sounds amazing. A few odds and ends. But all in all it's time to start cruising around again.

IMG_4278.jpgIMG_4279.jpgIMG_4280.jpgIMG_4281.jpgIMG_4282.jpgIMG_4283.jpgIMG_4284.jpgIMG_4285.jpgIMG_4286.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back