• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Clevis available in other lengths?

DynamicXX

Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
I have a Edelbrock AVS2 Carb on my 1969-383/Coronet. The first pic, (pic 1) is of the clevis itself-circled, I need another 1/4" length. The second pic, (pic 2), shows the bracket clamp. If I set the cable/cable stop in the bracket clamp where I marked it, it has the correct amount of tension on the carb linkage/throttle, but if I pull it back so it sits in the clamp correctly, it opens up the throttle linkage and accelerator pump slightly. I bought the car last fall, put it away for the winter, and when I was cleaning up the engine bay this spring, found the cable sitting loose, and the clamp not tight. I don't see any adjustability on the Accelerator cable bracket/holder...(pic 2 assembly)...

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

*EDIT* I took another look and realized this clevis is machined onto the throttle cable, and cannot be "swapped" out...am I looking at using something like this:

1711538206541.png

Yep- that will move the connection point outboard and back.

*EDIT* I took another look and realized this clevis is machined onto the throttle cable, and cannot be "swapped" out...am I looking at using something like this:

View attachment 1635863
You only need the perforated flat stock and another clevis pin to extend the end of the cable. Make your own.
Mike

Thanks all for the help. Found the 1481 adapter-Amazon and will also see what is in the garage to make my own...this is a great group for info such as this...!
*EDIT* is the #1481 Mopar Adapter for Auto and/or 4-Seeed? I have a 4 speed. Most reviews state it is for Auto/Kickdown, etc, just want to make sure I can use it for my application.

Last edited:
It's primarily for the throttle attachment.

It puts the attaching point in the correct location for both manual and auto transmissions.

Auto Transport Service
Back