• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Isky or Crane Rockers

Ok get this , to add more to my failed Crane rockers , twice upon start up ! I called Crane and talked to a gentleman that was in charge of the hardening process and apologized to me saying that they had some problems with the hardening process and that Iust have got some of those that had escaped their quality control and he said he'd send me another set ASAP , to which he did .My machine shop that I use had suspected that it was a hardening issue , Superior Machine , of Reno NV , and Oggie is knows his **** ! So anyway I installed the new set they sent me ......... and they went south just as fast as the first set ! Got my $ back on the first set and thru the second set away I'm the garbage can ! Took the $ from my returned set plus added some more $ and bought Harlan Sharp roller rockers , with no adjustment to anything applicable to this situation and "bamb" , No issues, and yrs later still No Issues ! So I'm thinking ....
"Cranes Fault " not mine , any questions call them ! That's My story and I'm sticking to it !
Thats exactly my story I posted in another thread..
In my instance I took a couple of the bad rockers and met a Crane engineer @SEMA, on the floor of SEMA he went virile... Yelling and screaming.. I just walked away, threw the rockers in the dumpster... Very sad a brand like Crane didn't stand behind their products, rest of the story bought a set of Harlan/Sharp rollers installed them and haven't looked back..

Just my $0.02...

Harland Sharps are definitely a high end rocker but for adjustability with a moderate cam the Iskys are a hell of a good piece. I'd take them over many of the budget aluminum roller tipped units any day.

Thats exactly my story I posted in another thread..
In my instance I took a couple of the bad rockers and met a Crane engineer @SEMA, on the floor of SEMA he went virile... Yelling and screaming.. I just walked away, threw the rockers in the dumpster... Very sad a brand like Crane didn't stand behind their products, rest of the story bought a set of Harlan/Sharp rollers installed them and haven't looked back..

Just my $0.02...
Again, when?

Harland Sharps are definitely a high end rocker but for adjustability with a moderate cam the Iskys are a hell of a good piece. I'd take them over many of the budget aluminum roller tipped units any day.
I would agree the ISKYs are good, never heard a bad thing about them and they have been available for many years. My personal opinion about valve train components, considering the task they have to do continuously I would never run any of the cheaper rocker brands available today..

Just my $0.02...
Again, when?
Don't recall the date exactly but late 2008... I had just built my wedge engine and had low milage on it when the rockers went south. @1st they were making noise so I readjusted them and shortly after again they started to make noise. So I pulled 1 shaft and found the damage... I thought possible low oil circulation but checked and had great oil flow.. I will never forget the emotional outburst of the Crane engineer on the floor of SEMA, total BS... I deal alot in various automotive parts and never again will recommend or purchase any product with the Crane brand..

Just my $0.02.....

Auto Transport Service
Back