• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its Car Auction season, whos watching????

idrivemopar

Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
I watched a little bit of Mecum Kissimmee auction and saw a lot of cars that went across the block that didn't meet the reserve, there were a few good deals, but most I thought were a bit high and didn't sell.

Its always interesting to see what happens at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale as stuff there is usually overpriced in my mind, but I always watch at least a few hours just to see what happens. I am interested to see what the 74 Roadrunner goes for on day one. I like to see if the 73/74 prices start to go up.

So, who else is watching????

I just heard the TV talking about it. I like to watch the first couple of days because that's when the affordable cars go across the block.

I usually watch, but mostly DVR them so I can fast frwd
thru the stuff I could care less about...

It's a rolling car show cars,
some really rare or vintage cars you'd probably never see
at a local car shows too, I love the old racecars & muscle-cars myself
I couldn't give a rats *** about the multi-million $$$ exotics,
albeit it is interesting to see some of them...
I'm amazed at a few of the cheap-"er" Porsche, Mercedes Benz & BMW
used cars sales sometimes...

I like the trend of old pick-ups gaining favor/attention,
not the prices but they are cool to see...

But all in the comfort of your own recliner :lol:

sometimes I'll turn the sound down & listen to music while I watch...

200w (1).gif

Damn cable- what channel (s)?

Thought it was cool BJ recognized vets,active duty military and first responders before the National Anthem.

Dude got a good deal on that 74 Roadrunner, 360 car, for 18K!

I'm in. Only one condition.... must be recorded. FFWD is your friend and the only way you can power watch 20+ hours.

Went to the preview on Saturday (f***in huge). Saw the cars up close and there's some piss poor Restorations, also some top-notch Restorations. Got to know what you're looking for before bidding.

Watched for a Satellite like mine to come at 2017 Kissmybutt and it's one away and they go to commercial, AGH! Caught the tail end of sale, at least.

Went to the preview on Saturday (f***in huge). Saw the cars up close and there's some piss poor Restorations, also some top-notch Restorations. Got to know what you're looking for before bidding.

+1 absolutely true (I've also been following/posting in the "mopars in Kissimmee" thread) in this forum
I was there sat 6th (nice and quiet) and the following fri and sat 12th and 13th , (a ZOO)
I tried to learn as much as I could (decoding fender tags etc) about the 68 hemi road runners there
The opportunity to look them over closely and hear them run (or not start), and drive (and sometimes leak, etc) is wonderful

I guess one thing I came away with is that, despite prices seeming strong/high, it is still in many cases a good place to view variety, (even of specific models) , examine, and potentially buy without paying as much markup to a dealer (they usually markup well beyond what they pay , even on top of the 10% that mecum collects)

Watching Barrett Jackson live feed now .
I'm DVR-ing right now

go thru it tonight that way it's ffwrd thru the commercials
& crap I couldn't care less about
watch 5-8 hrs in a couple hrs,
my dad is having to sit there & also watching too
he's not really a car guy, but after 10 years living with me
I'm converting him slowly, whether he likes it or not :lol:
he has me watching WWE, I hate that ****, I usually just read during it
5hrs a week, 3 hrs on Mon. & 2 hrs on Tue. "every damn week"
But; I make him watch about the same in Car shows & Auctions
I actually think he's starting to like them,
he comments on a few, says he'd buy this or that :poke:

I'm watching a live stream off the internet no commercials .
There are two feeds in one the auction and live stage where the cars go after the bidding where they show more details about the car

Just got HDTV. Watching BJ Scottsdale on Velocity. I could watch all day.

Auctions drive me (no pun intended, believe me!) nuts after about 5 minutes and have to move on unless I keep it muted. Barrett Jackson auctions only take about 1 minute....

I agree the babbling auctioneer hurts my brain .
If you look up Barrett Jackson live stream you can watch the auction or the
Post stage after the car has shown - you see the car they list the sale price and they describe and view .commentators are a little iffy though .

I watch the live feed on my phone with the volume turned down until a Mopar or something else catches my eye.

69 Superbee for 60k, a 70 Superbee Sixpak for 80k and a 69 Dart m-code 440 sold thru Grand Spaulding for 75k were my favorites tonight (of what i caught).

Auto Transport Service
Back