• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've been accused of something.....

I honestly think the city folks should be the most prepared, just look at the black lives matter riots. If chaos breaks out it will be another excuse for the thugs pillage everything leaving nothing for honest people.
At least us country folk are isolated and believe in helping our neighbors. For me I've got canned food, spring water and tens of thousands of rounds laying around.:thumbsup:

I've got a standing invite from a buddy that was in 173rd Airborne on a farm and we can consolidate the esstentials,including the armament.Just have to go about 10mi. south of my house.

last storm we had there was no water for a week and no power for two weeks .
if having food/water/generator makes you a prepper then count me in :thumbsup:

Better to be well prepared, than not to be, for power outages,
I always have dry goods, water {bottled,} canned goods & lead goods on hand...
Rather than thinking mankind will actually care or help you
especially IF SHTF

IMO better to be safe than sorry
I don't consider myself a prepper at all either,
just well prepared for multiple problems, life throws at ya',
if something unforeseen arises...

We've had week or so where the power/phone goes out,
roads are extremely icy etc., here & there
sometimes even the gas stations are down for a while too...
I usually have the generator fueled up,
extra fuel for my car/trucks & gen,
always rotating my stock of dry goods/canned goods
frozen food, sometimes/usually for a couple months at-least...
When I do go shopping, I only go to town when I need to, dogfood
maybe twice a month for perishables, like milk butter cheese bread eggs,
that aren't home baked or home grown in the garden or in winter,
we do need more veggies etc. & don't have livestock anymore...
{not enough room or land}
I buy most of the pantry stuff min. 2 months supply at a time,
saves a few $$'s & makes it so I don't have to got to town as much...

Most up here call it being frugal...
Actually being smart & cost effective,
not running to the store for my every whim...

IMO it's safer & far away from the inner-shity, everyday stuff
where humanity is sick :BangHead: & mores so especially IF SHTF,
IMO they will try to get out of the shity's in droves &
IMO away from the masses, that can't fend for themselves
that depend on a groceries store, a 7-11, gas station, power co./phone co.
just around the corner in the concrete jungles etc.

Hungry or thirsty or even some sick fucks/people, takers, thugs, thieves,
even anarchist, unprepared people will go to extremes, just to try to survive...

Not that I'm all that worried about
that crap either....

If need be IF SHTF I'll poach some deer or turkey
we have an abundance of coming thru here daily...

& No I don't believe in Lame Zombies BS,
or some lame WWIII/dredges of society at my doorstep,
I like to call it, just to be prepared for issues that may arise,
mother nature is a real bitch at times, so is humanity when pushed...

ya'll have a nice day now, from a well prepared country bumpkin
{knowledgeable ex-shity dweller, that knows better}

Last edited:
If the power-grid went down in this country for 2-3 weeks....a major amount of people would die at the hands of others. Most don't have food and water for a day or two. They won't willingly starve or dehydrate.

If anything major does ever happen,,I hope my Hillbilly roots kick in....

what kind of medications does a prepper store away?
I would imagine a basic first aid kit and whatever prescipts that are needed for survival long term,
like blood psi meds. I keep a supply in the freezer and rotate them regularly...

I don't consider what you are doing as being a "prepper" so much as just being ready for a likely emergency. I live out in the sticks too and you just have to be ready to be self sufficient for a period of time if the need arises. The power goes out around here pretty regularly and it's been out for several days at a time. Having a food supply and an alternate energy supply is just being smart IMHO.

"Prepper", is just another term to make people who think, supposedly look abnormal to those who can't. Everybody gets so red-assed about words. I find it comical.

After living through the "big one" in Alaska (1964), I know that you can't count on anyone coming to your assistance for a while after a disaster. The bigger the disaster, the longer it will take to re-establish supply lines.

I also know that you can forget about the Red Cross. Thank God for the Salvation Army though!!! These guys and gals rock!

My family started this about 10 years ago. My grandfather has a couple cabins in Utah on a large lot of land. 11 children all have been buying food storage, guns, ammo, sleeping bags, pretty much everything.

The cabin runs off solar power, and is welled to fresh water from a couple different places.

Most of us live in the city, and have all maoped out routes to get to the cabin (or farm, which is the second location which is easier to access, but does not run off solar or have welled water I don't think but could be mistaken) .

IMG_1393.JPG

Funny post, I have a cousin who is out of his mind "prepper" hes actually a paranoid over prepper if there is a category for that. He has a bunker with gas masks, and hand written plans, and way more that I don't want to mention on a public forum, lol.

I figure it this way, Every time I eat a meal, I eat about 20% too more than I should, so instead of 1 cheese burger I have 4 (that's how percents work right? I failed geography) so when the shtf, I am good for 20% longer than all these guys that are on diets..

Seriously though, "better safe than sorry" a genny is nice to have just for when the power goes out, extra food is nice to have incase you don't want to go shopping next week, and guns are good to have because we are Americans and its our right :) I try to use all the rights I am given since it seems like they aren't giving me any more, only taking them away, and that's with them knowing I have guns, so imagine how many of my rights they would take if I just had butter knives with no teeth, like the ones really for spreading butter, you can't even open an amazon package with one of them...

I honestly think the city folks should be the most prepared, just look at the black lives matter riots. If chaos breaks out it will be another excuse for the thugs pillage everything leaving nothing for honest people.
At least us country folk are isolated and believe in helping our neighbors. For me I've got canned food, spring water and tens of thousands of rounds laying around.:thumbsup:

You saw the election map.....why do you think most republicans are living rural?

I remember walking into my great-grandmother's house in Pittsburgh and being surprised to see she had two basements, one below the other. My Dad told me the lower one was a food cellar and every house on the street had one. It provided a cold, dry, area to store food on a long-term basis. My great-grandfather was the head of Thorofare grocery stores in Pittsburgh, but even he had the good sense to know you always kept a good supply of food on hand just in case. :)

It used to be everyone was a "prepper" back in the day. It's just that the concept of convenience has changed the outlooks of most people.

We here survived within this century with 9/11 and hurricane Sandy. Those who lost everything in Sandy had to contend with low life scum looters. The rumor was many a affected homeowner sat on there front steps armed, at least until NYPD got a handle on the situation. For the most part just being there with a Louisville slugger was enough of a deterrent.
There is a difference between being prepared and being a crackpot prepper,worried about aliens coming from outer space to invade us. Common sense dictates what you need to have handy to get by until electricity and food stuffs are restored. As far as rioters marching down the street, my experience is the further you live from there neighborhoods the better. Even a mile or two is good as again my experience has shown me that "these" people dont like to walk that far. They would prefer to reek havoc and destroy were they live. Goes against the old saying "you dont **** were you eat"

Preparing for the usual emergencies is plain smart, no matter where u live. As far as the major global or national emergencies go, it's a crapshoot depending on your location. Despite movies and fiction books that have bad people wandering far and wide, cars full of hoodlums killing everywhere, and zombies, the reality is that the average American cant walk 20 miles without food and water. there wont be any cars moving, or very few, and those will be confiscated by the LEO's for patrols. In the case of a EMP strike or Nuke. Pandemic stuff is the same, cant move if yer sick and shouldn't if yer not. Need power to pump gas up and that will run out fast. Who is going to spend what little energy they might have trying to get a car going in those circumstances. people talk about places like Chicago and NYC emptying out with masses of people looking for food and water. Once their supplies run out they wont last more than 2-3 days walking anywhere. How far can they get in that time? And what will they be walking into along the way? Gangs set up to take anything they have. Walking into the distance where everything is also already gone will leave a bunch of bodies on the roads. I like my chances out here in the backwoods.

Auto Transport Service
Back