• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jason's 68 coronet build

jason79

Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
Ok boys here goes my build thread. 2 reasons for creating this thread. Number one who doesn't like to look at pictures of cars, and number 2 I am getting to the point where I will need some help in putting this thing back together.
I bought this car 16 years ago, putted around a little bit with it before I decided to do a complete restoration. To make Long story endless the car sat for about 11 years while I went to college, got married built a house and had a few kids. About 4 years ago I started working on replacing sheetmetal. Worked on it for about 18 months lost interest and it sat again. Last March I decided to get working on it again. My brother said it would never be done. We are about to prove him wrong.

Unfortunately my computer crashed about 3 years ago and for whatever reason my pictures never transferred to my back up hard drive. Needless to say, I lost all of my restoration picture and reference shots from then forward. This is the earliest picture I have. Taken in the fall of 2013 when I was adding onto my shop. I am a contractor by trade, run my own business in residential construction for 15 years now. I am pretty good with my hands and not afraid to at least try something.
IMAG0325.jpg

Before that picture Alot of work was done. Including, rear frame rails replaced, rear crossmember, trunk floor and brace, quarterpanel extensions, patches on wheel wells, spring mounts, and quarterpanels.
I have done all the work with the help of a few good buddies that work for beer.

20150328_103446.jpg
This is the car last march before I started getting serious. Also my 2 helper monkeys and the shop dog Magnus.

20150421_190205.jpg
Rear end was removed stripped and completely rebuilt. 3.91 gears with sure grip

Onto replacing the torsion bar crossmember and floor pans. Also had to do some patching on drivers side inner rocker. Turns out this mice got in there and the whole thing was full of mouse nest. Was not very good for the structural integrity.
20150424_230806.jpg
20150425_135221.jpg

First time in 10 years it had tires that held air. Getting ready for a trip outside to meet the sandblaster
20150704_100919.jpg

Blasted and ready for more sheetmetal repairs. Replacing the drivers side rocker. stupid mice.
20150707_214853.jpg

new dutchman panel. good thing i'm a dutchman, made the install easier

Going to be a nice ride. Very nice work and keep up the motivation. BTW, that's a great looking shop you have there too.

Thanks guys. Got a bunch more pics to get you up to date. Maybe tomorrow will get them u
20160312_215920.jpg
20150929_000320.jpg
ploaded. My Internet has been goofy since the storms last Thursday. Here's one of some body work
20150929_000320.jpg

Hi Jason! We are at about the same point in our '68s! I have taken a fair amount of photos so if you need anything just drop me a line. I have stripped mine down since April so things are still fairly fresh in my head.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1968-coronet-500-project.114333/
Thanks jim. Actually mine is in paint. The picks are from last year, just trying to get the story line going, but my Internet has been dreadfully slow the last few days. I will however be picking your brain when the time comes. Thank you Jason.

Auto Transport Service
Back