• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jell Shots

snakeyes

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
has anyone on here gotten these shots in there knees :rolleyes:

Does it really matter which knee or shoulder :eek:

Unfortunately yes, three times, two of them after the scope surgery. Not a needle fan at all and the injections hurt. In my opinion, can't say they helped or even I noticed anything. Some older folks told me they helped up to 2 years but I really think that might be have active you are.

I had this taken out of my knee:

IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1590.JPG

They are a better bridge prior to the alternative.....If you are a wuss with needles than have them either numb with a topical agent/injection or freeze the area prior to injection....

Last edited:
I've had the single jell injection versus the 3 shot injection. I did notice an improvement over a three month period. Both knee have arthritis but not severe.

just had my third haven't noticed any improvement yet ,thanks for the info ,Grady really

My left knee was killing me to the point I couldn't walk on it of even touch it. Had all the usual xrays etc and was told I'd NEVER need knee replacement but could have the shots. First was cortozone and that worked well. Doctor suggested the second be the jell. I had that one well over two years ago and I've had NO problems since. I am not a jogger BUT I walk a fair bit and spend a lot of time on my feet. I weight roughly 185. Go for it !!

I've had 4 cortisone shops so far, just not working for long. Tomorrow I start the jell shots, one of 3.I hope this gives me some relief because it's really grinding me down.

Find a doc that can do prolotherapy! I've had torn ligaments in feet and knees and plantar fasciitis in feet Been shot with this stuff and immediate pain relief and wonderful stuff.

It's basically a sugar type solution (dextrose and lidocaine) so it does kill tissue as cortisone does. It actually regenerates and heals tissue and makes stronger. I swear by it!

Down sides....
... Won't work for every injury.. Won't help elbow ligaments (Tommy John surgery) I need that too but at my age who needs to throw anymore?

... The shots hurt like hell! But cortisone shots aren't too comfy either.

Here's link..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolotherapy

has anyone on here gotten these shots in there knees :rolleyes:

My wife needs knee replacement surgery. Because of her age they wait her to wait & has been getting the shots for the pass 6months.. They are very helpful for relieving the pain..

Auto Transport Service
Back