• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought YearOne wiring harness

451Mopar

Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
I decided to just buy the YearOne reproduction wiring harnesses for the '69 Coronet.
Basically, just the dash harness, forward light harness, and rear light / convertible top harness. Don't need the engine harness, and I either already replaced some of the accessory harnesses like the tach and 4-speed reverse harness.

Some reasons I decided to go this route:
1 - Factory wire colors
2 - Original style connectors
3 - Original style light sockets that are not spliced into a repo harness
4 - New bulkhead connectors
5 - Factory wire routing
6 - Saving a lot of time.

I'll post more once I get the wiring.
I will end up modify some of it, but it has to be better than the original 54 year old wiring.

I decided to use the Eaton 31S-004-0 8 Relay, 8 Fuse, 200 Amp VEC to control power to the headlights (2 Relays), cooling fans (2 Relays for puller fans, Optional 1 relay if I need a pusher for the A/C?), A/C clutch (1 Relay), horn relay (1 Relay), 1 currently unused relay?
Eaton-31S-004-0-small.jpg

I think I will have over $2,000+ in wiring by the time this is all done.

I still need to re-do the "universal" FAST EFI harness so it fits the engine better.

I decided to just buy the YearOne reproduction wiring harnesses for the '69 Coronet.
Basically, just the dash harness, forward light harness, and rear light / convertible top harness. Don't need the engine harness, and I either already replaced some of the accessory harnesses like the tach and 4-speed reverse harness.

Some reasons I decided to go this route:
1 - Factory wire colors
2 - Original style connectors
3 - Original style light sockets that are not spliced into a repo harness
4 - New bulkhead connectors
5 - Factory wire routing
6 - Saving a lot of time.

I'll post more once I get the wiring.
I will end up modify some of it, but it has to be better than the original 54 year old wiring.

I decided to use the Eaton 31S-004-0 8 Relay, 8 Fuse, 200 Amp VEC to control power to the headlights (2 Relays), cooling fans (2 Relays for puller fans, Optional 1 relay if I need a pusher for the A/C?), A/C clutch (1 Relay), horn relay (1 Relay), 1 currently unused relay?View attachment 1487642

I think I will have over $2,000+ in wiring by the time this is all done.

I still need to re-do the "universal" FAST EFI harness so it fits the engine better.
I think Year One's (still made by M&H?) harnesses are good and have found they fall right into the factory locations.

Those blocks are nice too, I like the bussed fuse power and relay coil negative but for what they charge they should include the field side of the main connectors....but now I'm just bitchin'!:D

Be sure to double check everything. I had a few wires swapped around on the last one I had ordered. The colors were correct, just that the pins were in the wrong place on the connectors. Easier to find when it's still on the bench.

I received most of the Year One harnesses, but the dash harness is on backorder.
Not sure when I will get it?

Freightliner uses that type of PDM box, sell a lot of them, also the green pigtail. I’m sure it’s due to more electronics & everyday usage over the road.

Just got an E-Mail from Year One that the harness I ordered July 1st has just shipped. The dash harnesses were on back order.

Auto Transport Service
Back