• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

kb blocks

laryatlas

Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody know of anyone that has received a hemi or wedge wet block from Keith Black in the last 2 years. Please post

Here's a little info for you in case you have not seen this post over on moparts.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1583701/1.html

And a post from another thread from a guy who called Ken Black last week.
Re: Hemi Blocks on the chopping block? [Re: fullmetaljacket]
Airwoofer
offline.gif

Loc: Huntsville, AL
I was on the phone with Ken at KB the other day getting the info on the lifter angle on my low deck block. This is 20 years after Hardesty bought it. I have gotten great customer support from Ken.

I mentioned how upset folks on Moparts are for the long waits and he took the time to 'splain how the company that made the cores had been screwed by the EPA and they had to change their process, which was causing porosity in the block which does not show it's ugly mug until well into the machining process. He said they have fixed that problem and that blocks are coming out better than ever. Anybody wanting a alum block should call him and give them a chance.

And he seemed interested in making a alum SB - he didn't know about the Ritter block.

block was ordered in Nov 2014. Talked with him today myself, He told me he had blocks at the caster. Apparently he forgot he told me the same story 4 mos. ago. Again, my question does anyone know 1 person who has received a water block in the last 2 years?

All I've heard of, is people aging while waiting.

I haven't found anyone that has gotten a block from them since the summer of 2014.

Thank you Big hemi, and just so you know I actually went to his shop in April 2015 (brother is 1.5 hours away) it consisted of Ken and 2 others. Absolutely no work being done. Honestly I don't know how he pays property taxes

I have no horse in this race but I just feel sad for Keith and his legacy.

Thanks for everyones help, Went to Indy this weekend and found out all i needed to know about KB enterprises. The Bernie Madoff of engine blocks. Keith would roll over in his grave

Keith would roll over in his grave

Yep he was a stand up guy, did what he said he would or made amends for it...
I brought him blocks to repair/machine etc. & bought a bunch of stuff from him,
a long time ago...

RIP Keith Black, Joe Pisano, Al Bush & Ed Mondello etc.,
all great guys true great honorable business men too, from a different time
the Long Beach gang is truly missed, from this old racer anyway

Auto Transport Service
Back