• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary Interiors - Arm rests for 67 Coronet..no ashtray hole on right front?

TekHousE

Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently received new arm rests for my 67 coronet. They were shipped from MrMoparts..but they are Legendary Interiors items.

Both of them, left and right are the same. No hole in the right side one for the ashtray that is in my original one?

Has anyone encountered this before? I can't send them back, the shipping back from Finland to the US makes the exercise pointless. I was thinking about cutting the hole, but...I'm not really wanting to do that at this stage.

I thought in the 67, the front armrests did not come with ashtrays in them. Can someone else with a 67 or who has owned one verify this?

Don't know the answer for '67, on my '69 ashtrays are in the back since there is a giant ashtray right in the middle of the dash. I don't know of any repopped armrests that come with ashtray holes.

I've seen Chryslers with passenger door ashtray armrests from the factory, but I haven't seen any Dodges that way.

I have seen LOTS of people put a rear armrest on the front, after the front wears out.

LOTS of nice rear ones floating around from cars that didn't get a lot of rear seat passengers.

I'd bet $1 that both fronts are supposed to be "plain".

I thought in the 67, the front armrests did not come with ashtrays in them. Can someone else with a 67 or who has owned one verify this?

Mine only had ash trays in the back. Front rests were solid and I know they had never been replaced.

Sounds like his was replaced with a rear rest at some time.

I'll go along with YY1 Chryslers had font arm rests with ash trays! I've never seen a b-body with them unless they were installed by some one after the fact!

I'll go along with YY1 Chryslers had font arm rests with ash trays! I've never seen a b-body with them unless they were installed by some one after the fact!
ya x2, imagine the burn holes in the arm rests and door panels trying to buttout while driving.

90% certain my '67 Charger has ash trays in all four arm rests, the dash and rear center... I counted 6 once, but I can't find a picture to prove it. Interior is pretty original, as far as I can tell.

I know this is not 100% certain for every model out there, but here is an old pic from the Hamtramck website showing no ashtray in the front for a Coronet 500. Just a little food for thought.
Dammit, wrong side!

67_Coronet0004.jpg

On the RIGHT SIDE! Not the left!!! :)

*sigh*...

The driver side does not have one, I know that already..The passenger however does..BY the way, someone mentioned that maybe its a REAR arm rest, but aren't they shorter? I know for a fact that my rears would not fit in the front position..ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think these are replaced...They certainly have consistent wear to the rest of the trim..

9818060474_0cc79be6d3_o.jpg

I am leaning towards thinking that ashtrays on the passenger side FRONT door is standard on 500's and R/T's..

303931-1000-0.jpg

Last edited:
Well I have a thought here and maybe its just me. But do you care if its there? I mean clearly it could go either way. So if you don't care then don't worry about it, if you do, then maybe modify what you have to insert the tray?

Personally I don't smoke and could care less about originality but thats my preference.

I don't smoke either, and even if I did, would never do it in this car..

But having it original would be nice..If it's supposed to be there, then I would want to put it there..For now my armrests are plain, the old ones with the ashtray is put away...

Another member on here has an ashtray on his 67 R/T..

attachment.jpg

Out of interest the part number on the back of this front arm rest with ashtray is: 1254-B-KZ

This is for a 66 and 67 year dodge b body.

At least I know it was on the Charger, I am wondering if Coronet 500's and R/T's with the premium trim got these too? Can anyone confirm this?

Hi Tek,

If it helps, here is a picture of a 1967 GTX passenger door. The car is unrestored and, to the best of my knowledge, original inside. Fender tag numbers confirm interior colors, options, etc. As you can see, no ash tray.

Not your car exactly, but is a 67 B-body for reference...

Hawk

IMG_1415.jpg

1966-67 Chargers had ashtrays in all armrests. I have 2 '67 Coronets and neither has an ashtray in the front armrests. That's not to say it couldn't be an option.

it's not an option...66 Chargers only had armrests in the rear short arm rests. In 67, Chrysler put an ashtray in the passenger door armrest but not the drivers door. All Of the first Generation Chargers were this way. Coronets also from what I have determined.

Now, does anyone know why?

Answer: Note the dash ashtray is on the drivers side of console...passengers had to reach way over to use the ashtray, so shifter was sometimes in the way. So ashtray was put on passenger door. Note in 68, they moved dash ashtray to center of dash.

- - - Updated - - -

1966-67 Chargers had ashtrays in all armrests. I have 2 '67 Coronets and neither has an ashtray in the front armrests. That's not to say it couldn't be an option.

no, they didn't...you will never see a 66 or 67 Charger with ashtray in drivers door armrest from factory

- - - Updated - - -

I'd bet $1 that both fronts are supposed to be "plain".

I'll take yer dollar now

Auto Transport Service
Back