• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LemonWedge doesn’t need no stinking CHANGES! And HEMI goodness at TnT season opener.

LemonWedge

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
Got the season started tonight with a quick Wednesday night TnT session, and it was an interesting one. I had the feeling at the end of last year the the car was running just a little on the lean side. Added an AFR guage over the off season, but the Bosch sensor went out after only a minute or two. So I’m now waiting on a replacement sensor from AEM. No help there.
Anyway, I made a baseline pass and the car was breaking up slightly at the top end. Further pushing my belief that it was lean. Even so, it went a new best right off the trailer, bettering the previous best by .07! Nice!
So just to justify my belief, I threw 4 jets at the front only for simplicity (I stagger jet with a plug in the rear PV). Make another pass…. No more breaking up, but there’s nearly no difference in ET, and I’m down 1/2-MPH. It’s now a full .01 faster in 60, however. Scratching my head…..
So I even out the jetting, pulling 2 back out of the front, and adding 2 in the rear. Now at 84 / 92. Same overall amount of jet. Make another pass…. And it again slows down, this time by nearly .03; MPH about the same. I feel I did overshift the 1/2, and the DA is up a little. So it makes sense and essentially I’m looking at again no change.
Ok, enough with the jetting, cars running fast, seems happy. Let’s wait until the AFR guage is in play to make any more changes. Turn my attention to the timing. Currently set at 36 total. Has been there since the motor was let loose last year; just what I’ve always done. Thinking that maybe with the better shaped chambers in the TF heads, maybe a little less timing might help?? Took 2 full degrees out. Surely we’ll learn something with this change, right?
Make a pass…. Right dead in the middle of the other 3 passes, both ET and MPH.

Car just doesn’t seem to care about changes, it’s gonna do what it’s gonna do. I guess for a bracket racer, I should be ecstatic with all of this.

Enough with the boring stuff, now to the cool part of the evening. On the last pass, a good look 64 Dodge pulls into the lane to my right. Pretty good looking car, don’t think I’ve ever seen it before. I can see from my seat that there’s no hood on the car and it’s sporting a cross Ram. That’s cool. It proceeds to walk away from me, and lay down a 10.0 pass. So after I’m done at my trailer, I go introduce myself to the classic older gentleman in charge of this gorgeous car, and realize it’s not only a cross rammed car, it’s a cross rammed HEMI car, and clearly operating at a very high level of badassery! Guy tells me it’s the first passes he’s made in a few years, and he’ll be racing our series this year. Looking forward to seeing more of this car!

Here we go…. 2024 is a go!

IMG_2926.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0355.jpeg

IMG_0356.jpeg

IMG_0357.jpeg

IMG_0358.jpeg

IMG_0360.jpeg

Yes that is Dave's 64, it is a great car, it's been together for a dozen years or more. He knows what's up, and has made plenty of passes in a previous 426 Hemi bracket car.

Got the season started tonight with a quick Wednesday night TnT session, and it was an interesting one. I had the feeling at the end of last year the the car was running just a little on the lean side. Added an AFR guage over the off season, but the Bosch sensor went out after only a minute or two. So I’m now waiting on a replacement sensor from AEM. No help there.
Anyway, I made a baseline pass and the car was breaking up slightly at the top end. Further pushing my belief that it was lean. Even so, it went a new best right off the trailer, bettering the previous best by .07! Nice!
So just to justify my belief, I threw 4 jets at the front only for simplicity (I stagger jet with a plug in the rear PV). Make another pass…. No more breaking up, but there’s nearly no difference in ET, and I’m down 1/2-MPH. It’s now a full .01 faster in 60, however. Scratching my head…..
So I even out the jetting, pulling 2 back out of the front, and adding 2 in the rear. Now at 84 / 92. Same overall amount of jet. Make another pass…. And it again slows down, this time by nearly .03; MPH about the same. I feel I did overshift the 1/2, and the DA is up a little. So it makes sense and essentially I’m looking at again no change.
Ok, enough with the jetting, cars running fast, seems happy. Let’s wait until the AFR guage is in play to make any more changes. Turn my attention to the timing. Currently set at 36 total. Has been there since the motor was let loose last year; just what I’ve always done. Thinking that maybe with the better shaped chambers in the TF heads, maybe a little less timing might help?? Took 2 full degrees out. Surely we’ll learn something with this change, right?

Car just doesn’t seem to care about changes, it’s gonna do what it’s gonna do. I guess for a bracket racer, I should be ecstatic with all of this.

Enough with the boring stuff, now to the cool part of the evening. On the last pass, a good look 64 Dodge pulls into the lane to my right. Pretty good looking car, don’t think I’ve ever seen it before. I can see from my seat that there’s no hood on the car and it’s sporting a cross Ram. That’s cool. It proceeds to walk away from me, and lay down a 10.0 pass. So after I’m done at my trailer, I go introduce myself to the classic older gentleman in charge of this gorgeous car, and realize it’s not only a cross rammed car, it’s a cross rammed HEMI car, and clearly operating at a very high level of badassery! Guy tells me it’s the first passes he’s made in a few years, and he’ll be racing our series this year. Looking forward to seeing more of this car!

View attachment 1656489

View attachment 1656497

View attachment 1656498

View attachment 1656499

View attachment 1656500

View attachment 1656501

View attachment 1656502

View attachment 1656503
8 3/4 rearend ?

Yes I noticed that too. I wouldn't think he would have that in there. It likely won't make it through the season at 10.0.

View attachment 1656489

View attachment 1656497

View attachment 1656498

View attachment 1656499

View attachment 1656500

View attachment 1656501

View attachment 1656502

View attachment 1656503
Have you tried plugging the PV?
On this one, someone put a PV in it, and the vacuum port was plugged in the main body :rolleyes:
20240429_214129.jpg

Good job on the new best, I know we are running very close to the same setup, but I upped my jets to 96/98 because of what you describe of a lean miss, put my drag radials back on and you see the difference. I also played with timing from 38-34 and didn't see any changes

1016231913.jpg

1016231225.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back