• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lokar trans shifter

aussiewannabee69

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used a lokar shifter for their 727 before?

Screenshot_20161229-164324.png

I purchased one, but haven't installed or used it yet. A friend of mine had one in his Mopar street rod but, he told me he did not like it so he replaced it. I figured I could make it work!
Mike

I've installed some on customer cars at work. If you get one, get it with a cable as they are easier on the install. Rod linkage will make you sound like a biker. I did one with rod linkage on a 65 Fairlane. PITB! Took me almost 4 days to do. There is not a lot of room in the trans tunnel on that car. Also, the boot they supply you with just barely covers the area, like a half inch all around, around the shifter unit so you have no margin of error when you mount that unit and make your floor cuts. You might want to consider something else.

I've installed some on customer cars at work. If you get one, get it with a cable as they are easier on the install. Rod linkage will make you sound like a biker. I did one with rod linkage on a 65 Fairlane. PITB! Took me almost 4 days to do. There is not a lot of room in the trans tunnel on that car. Also, the boot they supply you with just barely covers the area, like a half inch all around, around the shifter unit so you have no margin of error when you mount that unit and make your floor cuts. You might want to consider something else.

Sounds fun!
Just looking for something similar looking.

Once they were in, no issues. We did use floor mount units too instead of trans mount.

Has anyone used a lokar shifter for their 727 before?

View attachment 382140
I have used 3 of their shifters on other cars and personally do not like them real well. I would go another direction, get one with a cable and their shifter boot you can throw out - difficult to install - Its cut too tight and no margin for error.

thought about installing one and modifying a pistol grip shifter to it. that should add even more head aches.

Auto Transport Service
Back