• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Losing weight on your b-body ??

In the mid to later '70's I put my '65 Coronet post car on a diet. Scraped the undercoating, gutted the doors removing window mechanisms, Lexan side windows, no heater box, wipers, plastic seat, removed dash cluster ( much heavier than you think), gutted all under hood bracing, 1/2 of the front bumper braces. All steel '65 Coronet down to 3200#. Able to make good use of power from 452 low deck.
This was a bracket car, 10.52@128 best.

I am just starting my transformation for my 67 , you guys are great mentors looking forward to implementing all the great ideas. Oh yeah I could lose 1000lbs myself.

Last edited:
Let me know when you need fiberglass for your 67. We make it here at Sled City Fiberglass

we specialize in the 62-68 Mopars, but we also have a demon hood and a 37-38 Mopar sedan hingeable trunk lid. I think that vfn makes your hood.

So does your heart, and your family. No matter what you do for your car it's critical that your around to enjoy it.

I was 195 in H/S and the Navy, I know that's never going too happen ever again but I would like too get back down too 230ish. Hockey, Foot Ball, Base Ball, Soft Ball and many many years working in a Prison walking concrete cell blocks hasn't helped.

I was 195 in H/S and the Navy, I know that's never going too happen ever again but I would like too get back down too 230ish. Hockey, Foot Ball, Base Ball, Soft Ball and many many years working in a Prison walking concrete cell blocks hasn't

“The best way to predict your future is to create it!”

Excerpt From: Riebe, Wolfgang

I was 150 or so in HS and hit 230 a few years ago and have come down to 205.....twice! 205 again now and I'll never hit 230 again if I have anything to do with it. Married life helped me pack in on but I will hit 175 if it kills me. Just no reason to be so damn heavy. And I'm saying that while frying up some stuffed jalapenos lol

Auto Transport Service
Back