• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master Cylinder Pushrod seal

1967 satellite

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
I am replacing the master cylinder on my '67 Satellite. After removing the cylinder and pulling out the pushrod there is some kind of rubber seal on the end of it. Mine is destroyed. Any clue what it's called and where I can get a new one? Also on the aluminum master cylinder spacer there is some kind of foam to act as a filter. Is this also available somewhere?
thanks in advance

That rubber 'seal' should be a kinda spacer to stop steel on steel contact I believe. Foam gasket is just a gasket to stop dirt/water entry. A rebuild kit for the m/cyl should at least have the rubber stopper.

I believe the rubber hold rod in place and keeps it from rattling on manual brakes. You may be able to make substitute it with something, hose?

I believe the rubber hold rod in place and keeps it from rattling on manual brakes. You may be able to make substitute it with something, hose?
Probably right, little piece of fuel hose maybe? If I remember right tho, it kinda "snaps-in" though when reassembling.

This little bugger??? Comes in the rebuild kit from Raybestos.

beerestoration2015-2016 1841.JPG beerestoration2015-2016 1843.JPG

I know Mancini has them with their push rod kits, not sure if you can buy it separately.

I had the one in a adjustable pushrod kit split.

Auto Transport Service
Back