• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max Wedge Exhaust with Frame Ties

Glenwood, Thanks for digging that pic up. I would have to wonder how the movement from the engine to the frame is dampened, with it being welded in ? Not sure that I'm up for that much fab & mod work on mine.

When you get ready I have a set of US TOOL frame stiffeners made for my 63 Dodge that I did not use. They are still in the box and I will sell them.

my 62 is running tti exhaust and max wedge exhaust repro manifolds I have home made frame connections and hav'nt had any problems with fit

I built mine out of .125 wall but I'm sure they're the same as what US CarTool makes. Here's a pic if it will help. There's no reason you can't modify to fit.
IMG_2186.JPG
IMG_2182.JPG

Here is my TTI Max Wedge exhaust in my '62 Dart with factory exhaust manifolds and home made weld in frame connectors. I did have to modify the exhaust a little bit but I bet no one would ever be able to tell. I shortened the head pipe 3" between the H pipe and where the mid pipe ties in. I also had to shorten the cut out tube 3" from the midpipe connection to the caps. A total of 6" shorter at the cap location and they tucked up inside the frame connectors. For my car, the midpipes were like a foot long at the back so moving the midpipe connection forwards didn't make them too short at the mufflers. Overall I'm glad I was able to made the TTI Max Wedge Exhaust work on my car!

Auto Transport Service
Back