• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maybe this is why I don't buy many Fords.

SteveSS

Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
I find them difficult to exit. Dang heavy seatbacks. I do remember this car. It had some holes in the floorboard and we called it the Flintstone car.

Ford1.jpg

Last edited:
I like the 60s 70s pickups, and Broncos........ Ford built a good truck. Did the mud truck thing, my buddy is hard core. Nothing but Fords

had a big Ford named "Dog Food" used the D, O, and G, from a Dodge over top F O O D.......guess you had to be there

the cars on the other hand, Mustangs, Falcons, Fairlanes ect......... Junk in my humble opinion, can't stand any of them

this was my Bronco, sold it a few years back...... 460, 8 lug, 37.5" tires

another friend's 66 short bed I put together .......428 CJ

and a 69 F250 4WD tag team build........ the 69 is next level bad assery

bron3.jpg

donnyhawk6_zps88mxnmlg.jpg

IMG_20161027_200636_zpsxgz6o30z.jpg

Last edited:
not many chances to post about a Ford here......... sorry lol it's only 19 seconds

I know there's not much to go on but does anyone know what Mom's Ford is here? 1956 Customline? I think it was a very basic model.

1956 Ford Customline 1.JPG

Some have their love/hate for cars from the big-3. Grew up in a Ford/GM family and liked many my folks and brother had; included T-Birds and GTO’s. My mother was a T-Bird fan. Took my driver’s test in my dad’s triple-black ’63 Grand Prix 389/tri-power (it had developed a hesitation at the time). Being a bit nerved up, gave it too much throttle thrusting the tester into the seat back dropping his clipboard. Thought it would be an immediate fail; but passed.

My cousin and uncles drove mopars and was enthralled by them, ’57 Chrysler, ’58 Dodge, later new ’64 Sport Fury and Polara (latter having a 426/4-speed). My first mopar was a ’70 Cuda and took all kinds a **** from my brother and some friends who were not mopar guys. Lol, my mother just hated the color. Took it in stride, having fun tossing their crap back. Anyway, lots of rides from the big-3 I’d take all day long as close second’s; but mopar is number one. How I wish I still had that Cuda, BB, 4-speed vert today.

Well, if I didn't play with MOPARS then I would be playing with Fords. I grew up during the Muscle Car 60's and had so many Marguees at my disposal to drive...Friend Dads owned dealerships...I really never lacked for any of them. That being said I hated Chevys but the other GM lines I liked very much. The best of them were the Ponchos/Pontiacs. Even though I had MOPARS up until last year, I always have owned Ford Trucks and now my grocery-getter, Escape, which I like very much. The Blue Oval was the mainstay in our Family growing up although the basic 6 banger 3 on the tree no-go types as my Dad was a cheap skate when it came to his buying cars. Whatever one does drive, if you take care of it and so forth, they will continue to last pretty much for a very long time regardless of make or model...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Back in the day I started at a small tire shop. The old fella had some edsels. First time I moved one, I noticed you have to be careful not to smash your knees getting in. Kind of a shitty dash / door design.
Fast fwd many years, I get the current pos 98 f150 I daily drive. (Actually very reliable and decent) but guess what?
Smash knee into dash.
Seems like a prerequisite to being a ford lol

I hung around with a kid Tom, got his license before me.......he had 66 Fairlane 390 4 speed car.......it was cool, just not my cup of tea

locals know the Berlin Farmers Market (Berlin Auction), packed on the weekends........ I remember cruising around the place in the Fairlane with "The Cradle Will Rock" blasting on the Super Tuner, Hell Yeah!........ @JDmac72chrgr

I think it's funny my mom decided to go get the camera and take a picture rather than help her wonderful eldest son get out of the car. I think this is the car we used to sit inside the loop of the big steering wheel when it was parked then start turning the wheel back and forth, using the play in the steering and make a playground-type ride out of it.

Hey Fred,why don't you go to AMDs website and get some new floor pans for your Dodge!

I hung around with a kid Tom, got his license before me.......he had 66 Fairlane 390 4 speed car.......it was cool, just not my cup of tea

locals know the Berlin Farmers Market (Berlin Auction), packed on the weekends........ I remember cruising around the place in the Fairlane with "The Cradle Will Rock" blasting on the Super Tuner, Hell Yeah!........ @JDmac72chrgr
You are a few years younger then me, so weekends I was working at dad's shop in Gibby or pushing broom at Echelon mall, checking out some of the fine "rears" on some of the female mall "RATS" & busting on the "dirty deeds" going on in the fogged up windows of cars outside Echelon Tavern, took a few "beverage" bribes to walk away. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back