• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Media Blasting

Bring the cars to me like this...removed all the known crappy rotted metal, and blast the inside sections that never see light of day, but -- but still prone to rust. Starting to do cars in this condition, a little cheaper cost wise, better long term wise, and better quality wise too.
IMG_20150202_093514.jpg

I welded some angle iron from the Frame rails to the top of the Inner wheelhouse where it flows into the C Pillar, you must do this especially since this car is missing its trunk floor, but has the floor under the rear seat. Rockers are good and solid, front frame rails are going to end up in the scrap heap. www.drblast.com

Really wish you lived closer!

I welded some angle iron from the Frame rails to the top of the Inner wheelhouse where it flows into the C Pillar, you must do this especially since this car is missing its trunk floor, but has the floor under the rear seat. Rockers are good and solid, front frame rails are going to end up in the scrap heap. www.drblast.com

Here's this Charger, all done. IMG_5002.jpgIMG_5003.jpgIMG_5004.jpgIMG_5006.jpgIMG_5011.jpgIMG_5012.jpgIMG_5013.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And, just took in a 70 Charger, and this one the owner spent a LOT of time starting his restoration. He's been scraping and wire brushing the underside of his very clean, and possible 999 color Green Charger! He basically did all the prep work I undertake before I start blasting! lol
IMG_4970.jpgIMG_4973.jpgIMG_4978.jpgIMG_4979.jpgIMG_4981.jpgIMG_4991.jpg

Very lightweight Charger indeed! I like the Drblast.com sticker on the door of the red one. :)

WOW donny that new web site is very nice..stands out like a sore thumb!!!!!

Shame it's not a mopar on the cover but that's not the point!
Hope it gets working for you

That green Mustang is going bye bye today! It's there just as a placement holder for size, and I forgot to take it down when the new site went live last week...lol! Still got some tweaking to do today on the site.

LOL! One of the Fenders off this 70 Charger is a 68 Fender! They hack-welded a patch over the 68 side marker, and hack cut out a 69-70 side marker lens and lathered Bondo everywhere to hide it.

IMG_5059.jpg
Some old-school body tactics here; brazing and making a 68 Fender into a 70 Fender! And the cut-out isn't even square for the 70, and there's no embossing on the new cut-out for strength. LOL!

IMG_20150307_102002_hdr.jpgIMG_20150307_101943_hdr.jpgIMG_20150307_101918_hdr.jpg
Finished another Charger, Epoxy primer in white on underside areas and behind Qtrs' rear passenger window areas.

Imagine this area being handled by a sanding disc; it would NOT get at it like this, and remove the rot and rust exposing what's left to work with. IMG_5106.jpgIMG_5107.jpgIMG_5110.jpgIMG_5113.jpg

Here's over $1000.00 in House of Kolor Purple, going bye-bye! Too much paint on this Hood, counted 9 paint jobs! Something under the top coat didn't degauss (sp) and caused the Purple to pop in a few places. This is a LOT of paint on this Hood. The kid sanding is my helper. Hoods are special items, when they have lots of filler, media blasting can actually do more harm than good, it helps to knock down the layers a bit to one of two only. IMG_5375.jpgIMG_5376.jpgIMG_5378.jpgIMG_5380.jpgIMG_5381.jpgIMG_5383.jpg

what is EDP coating, is that the same stuff AMD coat their panels in

The black EDP coating MUST come off these parts before you paint them. I blasted a Hood for the above RR, it's brand new, it was painted Hemi Orange over the EDP. As I was blasting, the orange just blew off, literally blew off. The EDP came off easily too. So, take that EDP off folks, paint won't stick good.

Auto Transport Service
Back