• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing center wheel caps - what am I looking for?

Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I have an old set of what I think are american racing aluminium rims without the center caps. The rear tire size is 275 R60/16 and the front tires are 215 R65/16. I'm looking for some wheel caps and am overwhelmed with options. I'd be happy with plastic but not sure of the sizing. Any idea how to go about sizing them correctly?

(68 Dodge Charger)

charger1.jpg

IMG_1414.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

You put a 70 front Clip on it?
I would start by measuring the dia of the hole.

Centerline 2 7/8 snap-in center caps. Google them. (I thought they were centerlines looking at the backside, but the front doesn't look right.)

You put a 70 front Clip on it?

The front clip is how I bought it, it has since been replaced, still awaiting paint. :D
I hope that you saved and sold the 1970 front end stuff. There are plenty of 1970 owners that could benefit from fenders and other stuff.
"Dunrobin"....Is that in Ontario? I had to look it up.
If so, wow...you are not just down the street from Summit Racing or other auto parts stores!

I have these, like brand new but they measure 3-3/16" O.D. I got them from Summit Racing but they are just a bit too small for my wheels. They are aluminum & were only $20 each.

DSC01123.JPG

DSC01124.JPG

American Racing usually have their name and logo cast into the backside of their wheels.

Centerline 2 7/8 snap-in center caps. Google them. (I thought they were centerlines looking at the backside, but the front doesn't look right.)
I am thinking Satin finished Centerlines too. I only ever saw one other set like that many years ago. Not very common.

I d9nt really think they are centerlines (nuts on the backside, not rivets) but I think the push-in cl caps will work.

Nothing beats a great pair of legs. This is not mine lol... Random picture from the web.

%2Fd6%2Fe7%2Fad%2Fd6e7ad45006e4a6ce8ef4d54ac410a42.jpg

I hope that you saved and sold the 1970 front end stuff. There are plenty of 1970 owners that could benefit from fenders and other stuff.
"Dunrobin"....Is that in Ontario? I had to look it up.
If so, wow...you are not just down the street from Summit Racing or other auto parts stores!
Hi, and yes, I'm in Ontario and again you're right, Summit is not nearby!

I sold the hood and fenders but still have the grill which is slightly banged up but definitely fixable and the lower valence.

I'll check out the centerline caps - thanks for your feedback!

Kev

Auto Transport Service
Back