• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar aside...what muscle car would you most like to have?

Hey, that's my 71 GT.

I almost bought another one last weekend at Daytona.

Had a 351 and shaker (and louvers and chin spoiler), but don't think they were original to the car.

Red, with nice quarters, running, driving.....$4500 OBO.

BTW, that car didn't handle NEARLY as good as it's contemparary Chrysler competition.

Yep nice Torino, I get a bunch of photos off the forums & store them on my comp., I want 1 of everything, with multiples of Race cars & Mopars...

Although it's not a car, I'd love to be in the income bracket where I could afford to get me one of these..........

n1400T_1.jpg

Just yesterday, I passed a nice condition '69 Mercury Maurader, with the 429. Nice car, but since you're asking, I'd pick a '71 Buick GSX or Old 442 for myself.

Or, to be different...this.

Attachments

• 70amcrebel.jpg
    70amcrebel.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 326
I've oten thought about an ultralight seaplane.
There are lots of small and medium sized lakes around here, and one could simply trailer it to a public boat ramp and go lake hopping.

Power per CID, the 302 is a MUCH better engine than the 351, especially in stock form.

That's why the 5.0 Fords in the 80s and 90s hung with and beat the 5.7 GMs.

The true "replacement for displacement", is efficiency.

I had a 302 in a 79 Ford 1/2 ton..two wheel drive, at the same time a buddy had a 78 with a 351 in it.. Those two trucks and both being manual with first as a creeper gear ratio, I would have to agree.. He seems to think even now that a 351 is a more versatile engine then a 302 hands down.. He says they were a good engine but... the 351 was the one to have, i cant remember now if it was the Cleavland or Windsor.. As far as Ford gos though, at least in those days the 289 was hard to beat for a good little engine with the right drive train, I only had a couple but have no complaint as they seemed to be a good engine. I had two (actually one) 302 engines that ended up with a burnt valve, that Torino was one and a 71 1/2 ton the second. The truck was just plain warn out 100+ on the speedo, the Torino i have no clue what caused it and it was after i had it about a month later.

My picks -

70 GTO Judge Ram Air IV in Orbit Orange
65 GTO Tri power convertible in black with white guts
67 Shelby Mustang GT 500
70 Buick GSX (Saturn Yellar of course)

I just completed mine. I do have the MOPAR bug but my first love was the BUICK GSX. Their handling, comfort and monster torque are what sold me. Mine is a 72 GS that I created to turn heads and make sure I can always spot mine a mile away.

Attachments

• 87 regal 018.jpg
    87 regal 018.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 2 HOTRODS 004.jpg
    2 HOTRODS 004.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 327
Scotty, those flames are cool on the hood stripes!! Any way you could ditch the bumper guards?

That is a beauty, looks like you accomplished turning heads! What ever happened to the 55?

Clone

Ya if those bumper guards werent on my build sheet I probably would have scrapped them. I am proud to say the 55 found a good home in Garland TX which has provided me the funds to purchase another MOPAR and the plum poly paint for my 72 RR clone..

Attachments

• ohboy 067.jpg
    ohboy 067.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 318
I too love the GSX & GS Stage I & II cars, often over looked muscle cars...

Well since people put Tri Fives and 2 seaters, I will say

1961 Ferrari 250 GT California
1935 57SC Bugatti Atlantic
1937 Cadillac Series 90 V16 Limousine

Speaking of 70/71 Torinos- this one's pretty bad *** looking-

Attachments

• !B8Y65wwCWk~$(KGrHqMOKpQEy+jC46+JBM26EbU1eQ~~_12.jpg
    !B8Y65wwCWk~$(KGrHqMOKpQEy+jC46+JBM26EbU1eQ~~_12.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 295
  • !B8Y66Tg!2k~$(KGrHqQOKjQEzPZ5Z0lyBM26EeVvUg~~_12.jpg
    !B8Y66Tg!2k~$(KGrHqQOKjQEzPZ5Z0lyBM26EeVvUg~~_12.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 288
Ya if those bumper guards werent on my build sheet I probably would have scrapped them. I am proud to say the 55 found a good home in Garland TX which has provided me the funds to purchase another MOPAR and the plum poly paint for my 72 RR clone..

Im glad that worked out good for you, and someone else, the 55 although Chevy is one nice car, I had a 57 once but the 55 was always my pick of the "shoeboxs" Mopar might be my choice, but to say no other brand is good, thats keeping our head in the sand. To many nice OLD cars to remember on all sides, Thanks.

1. 1962 Catalina Super Duty
2. 1969 Boss 429 (Sold from Tasca Ford)
3. 1969 ram Air IV Trans Am
4. 1969 L-88
:hello2:

I can think of several cars of any American manufacturer I would happily take,although I prefer big-block type cars. But if you're gonna corner me on a choice (in no particular order): '69 Judge RA IV
SC/Rambler
GSX
'69 Hurst/Olds
'69 Camaro or Chevelle
'66 Fairlane
any COPO car

Of course there are the "phantom" cars I'd love to build---Boss 302 Maverick, LT1 Vega, RA IV Astre, 455 Olds Omega, 401 Gremlin "clone"-you get the idea........

A lead sled Merc "like Stallones".

That, if the movie im thinking of is a 50-51 Merc i believe, that he actually owned and was stolen.. Cool movie!

Cobra! thats the name of it, took a min. lol

Last edited:
Lame movie but cool car

That, if the movie im thinking of is a 50-51 Merc i believe, that he actually owned and was stolen.. Cool movie!

Cobra! thats the name of it, took a min. lol

Cobra, ha ha, That was a lame movie, Bridget Nelson Sly Stallone's ex-wife & Leather trench coat wearing "Rocky" as the leads & a lame side kick who gets shot of course, with some stupid premise of underground knife wheeling killers & a crooked lady cop, but it was a pretty cool car though {tricked out w/4spd vertical gated shifter "they kept showing thru out the movie" & N20 equipped "also a big part of the scenes", Chopped 49 Merc, I think it was} Here's a cool old Merc lead sled, but a far different style for sure...

Auto Transport Service
Back