• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moroso valve cover gaskets

Sat66

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys looking at replacing my valve cover gaskets on mt 383. I have cast M/T valve covers on stock cast heads. From what I see the base of the valve covers look just like the base on the cast Mopar performance valve covers. Just wondering if the moroso #93055 gaskets will work with those covers? Looking for a set that are reusable. Don't want to spend $45+, and find out they're not going to work with my covers. So anyone using these with this type of valve cover, let me know what you think.
Thanks, Joe.

I hope they do...I just purchased a set from Mancini at the Mopar Nationals. Told them I was going to use them on cast aluminum M/T type covers. They said they would work...I'm sure others will chime in as well.

I just used one on the pass side on my mw motor, using stock stamped cover. Working good no leaks.

Thanks for the responses guys. I went with the fel-pro vs50145r because my local parts store had them in stock. For $17.00 I thought I would give them a shot. They had good reviews. I did notice they are very stiff. Hope they work.

I tried those with stock stamped covers, leaked big time. Just a little too stiff not flexible enough. If the 50145 leak see if you can find the felpro vs13379r gaskets. They are really flexible rubber gaskets, they work, but I think felpro might be discontinuing them, not sure.

I tried those with stock stamped covers, leaked big time. Just a little too stiff not flexible enough. If the 50145 leak see if you can find the felpro vs13379r gaskets. They are really flexible rubber gaskets, they work, but I think felpro might be discontinuing them, not sure.
X2 on the 50145 . Very stiff , but they might work nice on a aftermarket flat surface valve cover

Anyways , Would not seal the factory stamped valve covers like you mentioned

Went with the Fel Pro 1612 instead , they also make the 1610/1611 if you want locating tabs and cork versus rubber

I have three new sets of those Fel Pro 13379 that I bought dirt cheap a few years ago , and the nice thing about those gaskets they had the tabs to locate within the factory valve covers and sealed nice as stated flexible rubber . Problem is they wouldn't last with the HP exhaust manifolds , especially the passenger side with heat and turning very brittle

X2 on the 50145 . Very stiff , but they might work nice on a aftermarket flat surface valve cover

Anyways , Would not seal the factory stamped valve covers like you mentioned

Went with the Fel Pro 1612 instead , they also make the 1610/1611 if you want locating tabs and cork versus rubber

I have three new sets of those Fel Pro 13379 that I bought dirt cheap a few years ago , and the nice thing about those gaskets they had the tabs to locate within the factory valve covers and sealed nice as stated flexible rubber . Problem is they wouldn't last with the HP exhaust manifolds , especially the passenger side with heat and turning very brittle
- - - -
I have to run fiber type gaskets. my front header tubes melt the ones mentioned above on my raised port heads. Even have heat shields between them now.

What do you mean by fiber type gasket? Do you have a make or part#?

yes they will work with the M/T valve covers. Put them on 2 years ago, and no leaks so far.

DSC03820.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back