• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor mount issue

BlooDSMeaR

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
I have a 73 Road runner, It has a 74 K-frame with spool style motor mounts. It had a 318, and now I have upgraded to a 360. The motor mounts listed for a 74, are identical to the 318 ones that were already in it. On the new drivers side mount, it is about 1/2 inch wider than the block mounting position. That mount is identical to the one that was already in it. what am I doing wrong? Is there a correct mount that actually fits correctly?

Maybe a dumb question, do you have the mount bracket correctly aligned on the block mounting lugs front to back?

Maybe a dumb question, do you have the mount bracket correctly aligned on the block mounting lugs front to back?
Yes, the mounts are correctly aligned.
Here are pics of the issue...

20170908_130952.jpg

Shift it forward so the bracket bolts to the front of the engine tabs.

No can do, when I tried that, the ear in the right side of the mount only fits to the middle of the block ear.

On mancini's site they show two different part #s for 318 and 360...maybe you got handed the wrong one? I've seen on some of the forums where guys shim the space with washers, but you shouldn't have to do that IMO since the factory never did that..do some digging I think you should be able find the proper mount

Auto Transport Service
Back