• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My heart is broken….

Busted nose, adds character.
004EAB8F-8813-438F-9EA0-D61A84A3F7B5.jpeg

But she had a perfect nose and profile

Where ya'at in Covington? I lived there for years until they shut Avondale down. Lived out by Goodbee. but love me some Chimes Grilled Oysters. oh and the great beer selection too.

Back in the 1960's I got driven thru a garage door by a 59 Fury that went into gear while my dad was revving it up! I would have preferred it was a bumper and not my knees! Wiped out the garage door too! Ruffcut's saga!
Anyway, sorry to see old iron being injured.

Where ya'at in Covington? I lived there for years until they shut Avondale down. Lived out by Goodbee. but love me some Chimes Grilled Oysters. oh and the great beer selection too.
Covington Country Club just South if I-12 off 190.

Love Chimes and cold beer!!!

We had a 70 Torino take off backwards at our shop. It was lined up with the open door, crossed the street and down in the ditch.
Nothing was hit or hurt.
AT on the column ,
We had known about the ford problem but had got lazy.

My front bumper is at Ogden Chrome right now, they can fix you up! Sorry about your car buddy!

Well I hope everything else is go on the front end. Sorry it sucks.

I remember them talking about that when we were doing transmissions in tech school. They would just " rattle out of park".
Never had the great opportunity to see it happen in real time though

I don’t remember the specific model, but a ford product popped out of park and partially crashed through the wall of our dispatch office many years ago…

My 71 torino could have had that issue, had it been worn a little more.
The floor shifter could rotate a bit clockwise/counterclockwise that felt like it was pivoting on/at the 3 o'clock position.
If you held it rotated counterclockwise (somewhat unnatural unless you were also swinging your legs around to get out) and put it in P, sometimes it wouldn't catch.
The push button on that handle also broke. I ended up putting a handle from a pinto on it.
Not the same design, but worked and was actually less likely to not catch if twisted.

Little update. Picked up an AMD replacement and the ole Girl has a beautiful face again!!

Thanks to all for the encouragement and advice.

F9B0CB7A-F9EB-4AC7-A32A-53118BB154EA.jpeg
708C3A5D-FD16-4931-A93F-34518C118B42.jpeg
B6C9F0E0-4E83-4F93-94D2-5AC2BF168BB1.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back