• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice

Chris1973Rr

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to run a .484 lift 284 duration cam 3.55 gears and a 2800 stall can I achieve 12's with this setup

I ran a 13.3 with this setup with an oversized carb and performer intake. I believe with a better intake and 700 carb it would've went quicker 12.9? Maybe

If you're perfectly tuned, I think you might just get that elusive 12. And the Density Altitude is low. But if you're over 1200 DA chances are slim, I'd think yo might get it in spring and fall air but not in the summer.

I ran a 13.3 with this setup with an oversized carb and performer intake. I believe with a better intake and 700 carb it would've went quicker 12.9? Maybe
Do you remember your MPH on those low 13 sec. runs? Thanks.

Do you remember your MPH on those low 13 sec. runs? Thanks.

Here's 2 of the slips [email protected] & [email protected]

Street tires spinning off the line 3.91 gear 727 with a shift kit 2800 stall

IMG_1242.JPG IMG_1243.JPG

I have some faster ones at the shop I'll check them when I get over there
Thanks. Don't go out of your way though. I was thinking the MPH will be a good indicator of ET potential for the OP when he starts making passes. He'll probably need 105/106 mph to reach 12.90's? Meaning, new car combos and 60 foot times usually aren't dialed in at first, but the speed can be there.

Thanks. Don't go out of your way though. I was thinking the MPH will be a good indicator of ET potential for the OP when he starts making passes. He'll probably need 105/106 mph to reach 12.90's? Meaning, new car combos and 60 foot times usually aren't dialed in at first, but the speed can be there.
Think you're pretty close 105-107mph will probaly break into high 12's

All this talk, and not yet the one most important question to be asked. Is this a 440 or 383 or whatever were talking about???
Makes all the difference in the world as to the answers.

All this talk, and not yet the one most important question to be asked. Is this a 440 or 383 or whatever were talking about???
He had it listed in another thread it's a 383. Should have been listed here as well though

Sorry 383

Yep, 73 RRs are heavy . Are you married to the 383? It would be much easier to reach your goal with a 440. A 383 with stock heads, 484 cam, 2800 stall and 3.55s in a 4000 lb car is gonna be tough to get into the 12s.

I hate to break it to you but I don't see that combo doing a 12. If things go right you will probably be a high 13. Even that is not a given. I like to think I am wrong. With a 440 chances are better but only marginally. 3500 lb car will need more gear and converter with good sticky tires to make that goal number. With a 4.30 gear or better With a 3500 converter and slicks you may make a high 12.

I hate to break it to you but I don't see that combo doing a 12. If things go right you will probably be a high 13. Even that is not a given. I like to think I am wrong. With a 440 chances are better but only marginally. 3500 lb car will need more gear and converter with good sticky tires to make that goal number. With a 4.30 gear or better With a 3500 converter and slicks you may make a high 12.

I think you're on to something.

My 72 scales 4050 full of fluids and driverless. If the 73 is heavier expect more than that. Do not trust the tag weight, get it scaled. According to tag weight a 72 should weigh 3600.

Auto Transport Service
Back