• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Some Ideas

Bruzilla

Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
I found this bird for sale...

00L0L_is2lOVHv7Yw_600x450.jpg

01717_fVVF5BV9I5M_600x450.jpg

00G0G_eu3h1ytcvgI_600x450.jpg

I'm thinking chop the wings and the vertical tail off the fuselage, and turn it into some sort of vehicle. Probably end up being about 32' long and five feet wide. Any ideas for getting a chassis in there?

Maybe a frame and axle set-up from a RV????

....and....maybe research what Oscar Meyer used for their "Weiner-mobile" :D

Maybe turn it into a simulator and rent it out for people to join the "Mile High Club"??

:thumbsup:Plugs n Points and a battery and get that sumbitch runnin. Swapmeets and races for you and the boys with nekkit strwardessus.

Maybe a frame and axle set-up from a RV????

....and....maybe research what Oscar Meyer used for their "Weiner-mobile" :D
LOL, nope the weiner- mobile's I've worked on had Firebird chassis. There's a LOT of fiberglass on those babies.

When Bru sobers up from his obvious drug & alcohol binging, I'm sure he'll retract this thread ASAP.

:lol:

I'm in send your address I'll bring my welder and grinders! I'm not sure what were doing though your picture didn't show up .but from what everyone else is saying I'm assuming it has to do with a plane getting married to something that is on wheels . So yeah I'm in every member in fl. Please report in we need help .every member out of fl. Please send beer and stay tooned!

I suggest taking your meds and lying down for a few hours, then ask the mods to delete this thread to erase evidence on early onset dementia.
(Kidding)

When Bru sobers up from his obvious drug & alcohol binging, I'm sure he'll retract this thread ASAP.

:lol:
Not me! I've been wanting an airplanemobile for decades. I would give a nut to get a P-3 Orion fuselage to convert, but they've been shredding the crap out of them when they get put out of service.

I'm in send your address I'll bring my welder and grinders! I'm not sure what were doing though your picture didn't show up .but from what everyone else is saying I'm assuming it has to do with a plane getting married to something that is on wheels . So yeah I'm in every member in fl. Please report in we need help .every member out of fl. Please send beer and stay tooned!

It's an old De Havilland Heron airliner. I had one of the worst flights of my life on one of those. It was on Prinair, which was Puerto Rico's "airline". The pilot started two and three to start taxiing, but as we got out to the active they couldn't get one and four going. The two idiot pilots were fighting in the cockpit, and we could see them hitting each other from our seats! Then they finally got one started and we took off on three engines. I was sure we were going to crash but we made it to the Virgin Islands in one piece.

I sent an email to the sellers. The engines and cowlings have been pulled and sold, which is good, but the wings are still on and would need to be removed. It's at an airport, which sucks as if it was at a junkyard I would go down there, hack off the wings and tail, sell them for scrap, and bring home the rest.

Last edited:
It's an old De Havilland Heron airliner. I had one of the worst flights of my life on one of those. It was on Prinair, which was Puerto Rico's "airline". The pilot started two and three to start taxiing, but as we got out to the active they couldn't get one and four going. The two idiot pilots were fighting in the cockpit, and we could see them hitting each other from our seats! Then they finally got one started and we took off on three engines. I was sure we were going to crash but we made it to the Virgin Islands in one piece.

I sent an email to the sellers. The engines and cowlings have been pulled and sold, which is good, but the wings are still on and would need to be removed. It's at an airport, which sucks as if it was at a junkyard I would go down there, hack off the wings and tail, sell them for scrap, and bring home the rest.
I'd keep the vertical fin & rudder on it, coordinate the rudder to deflect with the turning of front end....directional stability. :)
Back in 75, working @ Hamilton aviation on the West wind project, doing PT-6 conversions on Twin Beeches, I was going to buy one of the C/D 18 fuselages to turn into a travel trailer

Auto Transport Service
Back