• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need vacuum line hookups or diagram for this temp switch

fmahannah

1963 Dodge Polara Max Wedge Tribute
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
NOS MoPar #2485167. This is the Air Conditioning temperature selector vacuum switch

A pic of a new one on ebay shows four ports with one larger than the other. The one in my 63 Polara has three ports with fourth one broken off and a screw stuck in it. I know that two of the lines go to either the heat thermostatic valve or the A/C thermostatic valve. My third port is connected to engine vacuum source. I think the other port is supposed to go to the water valve in the engine compartment? Not sure what was supposed to go where they have the screw stuck in it?

tempcontrolswitch.jpg

This is the switch on the right side of the heater box. The plunger is activated when the spot cooling doors open for the AC. It basically controls whether the water heater valve is controlled by the heat thermo or the ac thermo. I can't find any diagrams of the correct vacuum hookups in my factory manual or elsewhere.

Thanks if anyone can help me.

Auto Transport Service
Back