• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 2 Me 62

Johnny Rocket

Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
I just purchased this 62 Plymouth.
my car.JPG

I used to have one of those. Everybody that came over to visit wanted it. I found that odd. I couldn't see the attraction. But it was very well liked. I only bought it because it was a Max Wedge. When I bought it they handed me the title and it said either 410 or 415 horsepower (I forgot) and 3040 or 3080 lbs (I forgot) and I said to myself, wow, anybody that thinks muscle cars started with the 64 GTO doesn't have a clue. And now I'm kinda seeing what they saw. The Hellcat of 1962.

I agree. Not sure how or why the GTO gets credit for starting the muscle car craze.
I also love the 62's. As I always say, they are so ugly that they are cool.

At first glance, I thought you meant an Me262 …. Now that would be a fun restoration!

IMG_1734.jpeg

The 62 Darts and 62 Plymouths most certainly must be fraternal twins, being they both are equally ugly, but they are family. :lol:
Bought a 2dr 62 Savoy many years ago. Got used to its looks, and it almost always gets some sort of reaction. I tell everybody that it's the second ugliest car ever made. The 61 Plymouth is worse. (and I still want one. 2dr wagon please!)

Auto Transport Service
Back