• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new around here doing it for pops

blue426bird

Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
hello all,
So where to begin, my father was the mopar guy, and I guess now I shall become one too. My father passed away recently, so as you guessed it, I inherited his car. he was the original owner and when I was younger, I would say in jest, that he loved the car more than me. but enough of the back story, the car is a 1971 hemi roadrunner.

I know somethings about the car, but I know you guys are the experts. he bought the car primarily to quarter mile back then on the backstreets as he would say, so the car has only 11,610 miles on it. he had spun a bearing on her 30 - 40 years ago, but had the motor repaired in 04 or 05. it started we took it out drove it for a day, and back into storage it went. now my father was a MP for the army, and in his older years you can imagine was a stubborn man, and didn't check on the car frequently, and figured its good where it's at and left it there in storage. i implored him to move or at least go look at, but between the dialysis, and doctor appointments, and him just saying no, well it went to in my mind that's your car and not mine so whatever.

Unfortunately wood deteriorates faster than metal, so the garage roof went. he didn't roll up the windows on the car so as you guys can guess, roof with open holes, nice warm padding seats, something made a home in it. I went to where it's stored over the weekend and took some pics(they are not pretty), but work is needed to be done on the car. I have the vin, but by lurking here I understand there are build sheets, fender tags, and I don't know what else. so basically I'm here to learn whatever I can.

not sure of the direction to move going forward I figured that I would learn from you guys, as I said before you guys are the experts. and yes I already know from my rennlist forum this thread is useless without pics. but remember I said that they are not
NKVS3612.JPG

View attachment 1229688 View attachment 1229689

Last edited:
Well neat car for starters... Keeping it for pops is great! Enjoy it you have something special it just needs some love.

1st thing is to get it out and clean it up. Then take your time and estimate and document the damage. Sorry for your loss.

Welcome from NY.
Sorry about your dad.
Keep us posted on your progress

First, my condolences to you and your family. Your Dad, and now you, have a SUPER-RARE vehicle. This car is something that deserves a meticulous restoration, whichever way you go about it. It is a very valuable car.

Welcome b426b, from your neighbor in NY !
Sorry about your Dad, but He left you a Legacy to Fulfill. I'm in WNY, and would love to see the car !

First, my condolences to you and your family. Your Dad, and now you, have a SUPER-RARE vehicle. This car is something that deserves a meticulous restoration, whichever way you go about it. It is a very valuable car.
that's what he always said, im a 70's baby so i didnt get into cars till the late 80's... so that was the foreign cars at the time

Welcome b426b, from your neighbor in NY !
Sorry about your Dad, but He left you a Legacy to Fulfill. I'm in WNY, and would love to see the car !
yes like i said, i have to grow in the community, looking for show dates and meet ups to get to know the guys here

welcome to FBBO sorry for the loss of your dad nice project keep us posted

He would say words like 4 bolt main... not sure what that means but i do know 2 Holley carburetors, 4.10 rears and hurst pistol grip shifter, it has an air grabber on it

one guy told me to powerwash it, another guy said not to and just clean it regular. not sure wish idea is the best. what do you guys think?

Auto Transport Service
Back