• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from Scandinavia

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Texas! I have a great deal of respect for anyone overseas who owns and restores US iron, we complain here about the expense and difficulty finding parts and resources but we have it easy compared to you!

50E46A30-7DC6-4812-A8D8-A917DB1C9DB7.jpeg
Welcome! Im currently in Helsinki for a visit, don’t know how you guys deal with the darkness here! I should have read the sign lol

"Welcome from Texas! I have a great deal of respect for anyone overseas who owns and restores US iron, we complain here about the expense and difficulty finding parts and resources but we have it easy compared to you!"

TxDon, thanks for your response. It's not always easy to find parts but these kind of forums are one good resource. We are forced to look at things a little bit different, what might be junk to you is useable for us.
Financially it can be challenging, as an example: If I purchase a $100 part from US and the freight costs are lets say $50 I have to pay %25 tax for the combined price of the part + freight. So a $100 part for you is around $190 for me.
Nothing good comes easy :)

"Welcome! Im currently in Helsinki for a visit, don’t know how you guys deal with the darkness here! I should have read the sign lol"

Steve009, You sure picked the wrong time to visit lol
Finland has pretty high suicide rates so the darkness might have something to do with it. When the day is at it's shortest we only have a few hours of daylight during the day and if there is no snow it's indeed pretty dark. The again during the summer the sun never goes down so there's the upside :)

"Welcome from Texas! I have a great deal of respect for anyone overseas who owns and restores US iron, we complain here about the expense and difficulty finding parts and resources but we have it easy compared to you!"

TxDon, thanks for your response. It's not always easy to find parts but these kind of forums are one good resource. We are forced to look at things a little bit different, what might be junk to you is useable for us.
Financially it can be challenging, as an example: If I purchase a $100 part from US and the freight costs are lets say $50 I have to pay %25 tax for the combined price of the part + freight. So a $100 part for you is around $190 for me.
Nothing good comes easy :)

"Welcome! Im currently in Helsinki for a visit, don’t know how you guys deal with the darkness here! I should have read the sign lol"

Steve009, You sure picked the wrong time to visit lol
Finland has pretty high suicide rates so the darkness might have something to do with it. When the day is at it's shortest we only have a few hours of daylight during the day and if there is no snow it's indeed pretty dark. The again during the summer the sun never goes down so there's the upside :)

I’m around Scandinavia often and I have to say it’s really cool seeing the odd hot rod or muscle car cruising around the streets.

Auto Transport Service
Back