• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy here from Nebraska so be easy on me !

Auto doug

Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
New member from Lincoln, Ne. I'm a body restoration shop owner and i train young hoodlums to become seasoned talented craftsmen with skills and confidence! to restore classic car bodies be it Mopar, Ford, GM, Ferrari etc. we are passionate about proper metal work! so I'll try to help to anyone needing it. I also developed a new style of rotisserie for complete body restorations the ROLLER HOOP it cradles the body shell rather than hanging it from the ends, a lot less stress to the body especially on rusty projects. hope I get a warm welcome, I just like to help out!

Auto Doug
in Nebraska.

Attachments

• P1010104.JPG
    P1010104.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 361
  • P1010109.JPG
    P1010109.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 548
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 335
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 337
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 310
Welcome aboard. The hoop is cool but the hula people may want a word with you.

welcome to FBBO & it's good to have you here...

Welcome, nice to see someone training the youth in classic restoration!

Welcome aboard Doug! Great to see folks like yourself keeping the old Detroit Tin alive, as well as teach kids the in's and out's of them.

Welcome aboard. That's good work you do; I also teach young hoodlums lol, only I teach em physics and chemistry.

Puts a whole new meaning to I rolled my car. Very ingenious. Welcome.

Good to have you Doug! Welcome to the forum!

:sSig_greetingsthor:interesting:eusa_think:

Wow sorry guys it's been a year since i've had time to get back to this site, just to darn busy in the shop restoring classics and couching youngsters i have 4 new guys I'm trying to get up to speed! it takes all my time. I glad some of you guy like my new rotisserie the Roller Hoop we work with it every day and I or my team could not even think about doing a car with out one! Also just to let you know we are now considering in offering it in a kit foam so to save you some $ and give you some simple fabrication to do. This way we can cut down on cost and shipping and you get some satisfaction from sourcing & building some of it yourself, this is the first notification of it so any interest let me know.

Does the hoop weld or bolt to points on the body? I can see how it would provide more support than a traditional rotisserie, but seems like it would be much harder to work around on cars where severe rust is not an issue.

The jigs bolt to the body shell in any area that is convenient for you to do so, such as suspension areas, rear package try area frt suspension area, cowl firewall etc basically no limits it cradles your classic and suspends it rather than hanging it from the ends. With all the load down on four rollers in the base units that have foot brakes for easy stopping and locking it is so much more efficient!

No working around the Hoops or jigs is not an issue at all, plus you can remove one if you need to to do some repairs in that area, We recently did a 69 Super Bee that was so rusty in the rear it was impossible to mount it up in a end mount unit, but in the Roller Hoop the repairs were so easy and enjoyable to perform. Even if your just cleaning up a solid rust free shell the ability to roll the body shell 360 or any other adjustment within seconds and lock it in with out moving from your work position and having total control is Big and saves so much time it's a great. Until you actually get a chance to experience one up and rolling and maybe even work with one you'll have those concerns, so i hope some day to make it to events for all to see and try it out.

Auto Transport Service
Back