• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy here

Scrawny Pete

Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
Looked around for a knowledgeable forum on the B body Plymouth and found you guys.

The back story:

About five years back my father in law started a rivalry with me. He has a 69' Roadrunner with a 383 and I had a 97 Mustang (boo.. Mustangs suck) Yeah.. Yeah.. but hear me out.
We both started with stock factory cars. I worked a lot of overtime and built my engine and chassis up. While he sent his Roadrunner to a shop to have it built. Fast forward to today and a lot of trash talking later. My billet forged turbo car is about done and his Roadrunner has been through multiple shops getting screwed about every time.

So at this point I'm feeling bad for him. I drove it today and it drove like complete dog **** and had over heating issues. Its no longer a rivalry for me. I wanna help him get his car running how it should be with the help of the Mopar gurus on here. So thanks for having me even though I'm an outsider.

20140712_141408.jpg

Welcome and check out 69Roadrunner.net as well but theres a lot more information to be found on this site, I find them both useful,

Welcome and check out 69Roadrunner.net as well but theres a lot more information to be found on this site, I find them both useful,
Thanks! Okay cool I'll check them out too. This is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.

Welcome aboard Pete. It's mighty nice of ya to want to help instead of heckle yer inlaws! You are in the right place. Check out the section on engines and the one on heating and cooling for starters. Hopefully, you'll hit on something that clicks and gets things movin right quick. I wish you well in your quest! You might find that eventually you will want to make the switch yourself.
I used to have a Chrysler a tee shirt from Mopar "Direct Connection" that read "Bored with Ford ?" on the front and "Come to Mopar Country!" on the back. This place is the center of the universe! You will find no one more loyal to a brand than us Mo-folks !:)

Welcome aboard! Really great what you are doing to help.

I can attest to the fact that there are some great guys on here who are very knowledgeable. Oh who am I kidding they are a bunch of crusty old farts who like to complain a lot...just messing...you are in the right place.

As SgtLee511 said, I would check out 69Roadrunner.net as well. Several of those guys are on here as well, but that is dedicated to the Roadrunner. It will be a big help for Roadrunner specific questions, but I would say you have a lot more resources on here for mechanical type questions. SgtLee511 is a good guy and willing to help when he can. Helped me out when I was first looking for a Mopar.

Again, welcome aboard and post some more pics of that good looking ride!

Welcome aboard Pete. It's mighty nice of ya to want to help instead of heckle yer inlaws! You are in the right place. Check out the section on engines and the one on heating and cooling for starters. Hopefully, you'll hit on something that clicks and gets things movin right quick. I wish you well in your quest! You might find that eventually you will want to make the switch yourself.
I used to have a Chrysler a tee shirt from Mopar "Direct Connection" that read "Bored with Ford ?" on the front and "Come to Mopar Country!" on the back. This place is the center of the universe! You will find no one more loyal to a brand than us Mo-folks !:)
Haha thanks! I'm not going to lie he has irratated me on more than one occasion. Lol But regardless of brand, he is ate up with the car addiction like the rest of us. Which I have respect for any one that's crazy enough to be into this expensive hobby. Well, except for the cambered import guys. Lol

Hey, you never know? I do have a thing for the Hemi 'Cuda. Lol
Thank you and I'll check out the links you suggested.

Welcome aboard! Really great what you are doing to help.

I can attest to the fact that there are some great guys on here who are very knowledgeable. Oh who am I kidding they are a bunch of crusty old farts who like to complain a lot...just messing...you are in the right place.

As SgtLee511 said, I would check out 69Roadrunner.net as well. Several of those guys are on here as well, but that is dedicated to the Roadrunner. It will be a big help for Roadrunner specific questions, but I would say you have a lot more resources on here for mechanical type questions. SgtLee511 is a good guy and willing to help when he can. Helped me out when I was first looking for a Mopar.

Again, welcome aboard and post some more pics of that good looking ride!

Haha thank you!

Welcome from Montana :welcome: I own all brands and find them all just fine....

This is the car. The guy that wrote the article is the guy that built it.

Red Dirt Hot Rod - 1969 Plymouth Road Runner
http://knowhow.napaonline.com/red-dirt-hot-rod-supercharged-1969-plymouth-road-runner/

It was in SEMA at one point but has never ran right. With fluids leaking out of every where you can think of. Finally talked my father in law into taking off the D-1 Procharger since neither him or the guy that put it on could tell me what internals it had to withstand that kind of power. When he got the car it had over sized pulleys to knock the boost down. The boost gauge read 2lbs at full boost which is what first made me question it. My father in law refused to take the procharger off at first saying I was just trying to get an edge on him with my car. After taking to a different shop. They told him the supercharger had no business on that engine. Soon after he had it removed.

My mother in law is fed up with the car and wants him to sell it but with well over 100k invested in it. They're lucky to get half that back especially since most of the numbers matching stock parts are long gone.

So, this is the long version of the story. Like I said, I feel bad for him and want to learn all I can about the car (the quirks, specs, what other guys have done, etc) in hopes to at least have him enjoy it.

Auto Transport Service
Back