• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy with a project/sleeper. 76 Cordoba

tloewee

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, finally was able to get my hands on an exact replica of my first car. 76 Cordoba with yes the Corinthian leather. :thumbsup: But now to make it respectable. First project is a motor and engine swap...any help as I go will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone and long live Mopar

IMG_0484.PNG IMG_0622.JPG IMG_0625.JPG

Looks clean and solid.

Nice color combo.

What's the original engine?

Sweet, you came to the right place.

Welcome from northwest Indiana

Welcome from NW CT. Good luck with your project...

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Minnesota. Nice car to work with.

Looks clean and solid.

Nice color combo.

What's the original engine?
It has the base 360v2. I currently have my eye on a 76' 440 police interceptor motor and trans. Just trying to determine if it's worth the hassle.

Nice Cordoba! The Interceptor engine is a good pick, but they came with the larger 9 1/4 rear. if you want to keep the A/c, you will have to change a bunch up front. The cordoba is a really nice ride with a 440 HP engine,and well worth going to the trouble!

Greetings from central Indiana. A 440 in a Cordoba would be a cool combination, luxury with power.

welcome from sunny california , engine , what the plan , twin turbos , lol , superchargered hemi , stroker , what ?

Nice Cordoba! The Interceptor engine is a good pick, but they came with the larger 9 1/4 rear. if you want to keep the A/c, you will have to change a bunch up front. The cordoba is a really nice ride with a 440 HP engine,and well worth going to the trouble!
Thanks....I figured the rear "should" be replaced but one thing at a time. Do you know if I'll need to change the drive shaft too with the swap? The motor and trans currently sits in a one ton truck with the frame rusted out

Auto Transport Service
Back