• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member To The B Bodies forum from Good old New Zealand

satellite brougham

Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi my name is Dave and i live in Dunedin a city in New zealand i am fortunate and very lucky enough to own a awesome american classic mopar a 1971 Plymouth satellite brougham 4 door sedan the car is medium metallic green with silver custom flames the original vinyl roof has been removed it has 14 and 15 inch old style key stone mags with spinners mounted in the centre , the car is running a 318 engine with a 904 transmission , twin pipes the Plymouth was imported in 1972 into Auckland city , i purchased the car in 2009 off a trading site it came from Hasting Napier , i have previously owned a 1973 Plymouth duster coupé 225 motor and a 1974 dodge charger Se 318 / 727 transmission i love american cars and think they are awesome i am also on the NZ mopar forum and was recommended to join the B bodies forum in U S A

Hello Dave, welcome! How's your winter? Looking forward to hearing more from you... Hadn't heard of Dunedin before, so I looked it up. Seems like a nice place to live.

welcome to FBBO :headbang:

hi and welcome to the site :headbang:

Hi finally got around to posting photos of my car. here they all are cheers 100_5678.jpg100_6696.jpg100_6701.jpg100_6702.jpg100_6705.jpg100_5684.jpg

Always welcome another good old/young Kiwi to FBBO. Good to have you mate!

Welcome

Give kiwigtx a shout

No need to shout too loud :icon_winkle: ....I'm getting a bit of Deva Ju here :laughing1: more News at 10!!
Welcome to FBBO Dave in Dunedin. Lovely city folks - I went there with family 2 years ago to the World Famous Jaffa races on the steepest street in the world.

DSC09596_zpsa13aae4c.jpg

...got up close and personal with some of the rarest penguins in the world;

DSC09681_zpsbb7eb64f.jpg

and the kids poured me a beer or three afterwards at the Speights Ale House Museum bar;

DSC09855_zpsfebcb9d2.jpg

awesome beaches

DSC09909_zpsf9ede781.jpg

DSC09940_zpsf020204c.jpg

DSC09635_zpsce7ae622.jpg

UPDATE ****

How often does this happen....I thought I knew that car. Below are possibly the only two pics I have of it, and I remember the owners - we were good friends many years ago.

Taken during a Club Christmas Picnic in Waingaro Springs - west of Hamilton December 1985 (next to my Charger);

71Plymouth_zps43ff1b12.jpg

And this one was taken during a run to Napier at Easter time 1986 (from the back window of my Charger);

1971Plymouth_zpsb61d0c92.jpg

It wasn't a bad car then, and probably had the original paint.

Hi kiwigtx thank you for the old photos of my car , i met mr stewart rook and his wife they came to Dunedin a couple of years back for his wifes conference , i ran a classified add in petrolhead magazine about 5 years ago for parts for the plymouth , he replied and could not believe it was his old family car , i bought from him various new parts that he still had for the car through various phone / emails he told me he was coming to dunedin it was great to meet them , do you still have the dodge charger now ? , what part of nz do you live , in dunedin we do have some amazing sight seeing , thank you to every body welcoming me on to the forum cheers dave

Hi kiwigtx thank you for the old photos of my car , i met mr stewart rook and his wife they came to Dunedin a couple of years back for his wifes conference , i ran a classified add in petrolhead magazine about 5 years ago for parts for the plymouth , he replied and could not believe it was his old family car , i bought from him various new parts that he still had for the car through various phone / emails he told me he was coming to dunedin it was great to meet them , do you still have the dodge charger now ? , what part of nz do you live , in dunedin we do have some amazing sight seeing , thank you to every body welcoming me on to the forum cheers dave

Yep, it was Stewie who owned it when in the '80's. I'm in Auckland. Sadly the Charger is long gone...down in the depths of Wanganui from what I understand....awaiting it's 27th paint job!!!
Don't be shy if you need any help...loads of good advice and encouragement to be had around these parts. :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back