• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butch Glancy

Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
I'm an old okie that grew up with the B body muscle cars. I finally managed to buy one a 1969 GTX 440, Automatic. The body is Primo, only on dab of rust by the left rear windshield, the car has been apart for about 30 years, the engine is fresh, the transmission is shot, there is some damage from vandals and good ole me strapped the hood down and the strap broke on the way home, the hood is now toast as are the hinges, fortunately, the front deck was not damaged, the front windshield had been broken out by said vandals, and the vinyl top was undamaged.

I'm a pretty decent shade tree mechanic, but it's been a while since I was this deep in a car so if y'all have any tips, hints or suggestions I'm glad to get them

I'll have the windshields put in and the body work done by professionals, as well as the transmission overhaul.

The car has been taken pretty much apart, but the body is together and the interior is in it, the engine, transmission and drive shaft are out.

I'll try to post some start photos as soon as I inventory what I own and see what all I'll need to replace.

:welcome: aboard!

Post some pictures of that baby!
I'm thinking this will be at least a year before I get to drive it, the photos I get now will be on the trailer, because until I get some repair done to the rear windshield channel and both windshields put in, I may as well leave it on the trailer.
GTX 2a.jpg
This is the photo that piqued my interest, it's on the previous owner's trailer.

Welcome aboard!! Looks sweet. What color is it? Silver? Hard to tell from the pic.

Welcome to FBBO. Love the GTX models. Of course I’m partial to them having one myself. Looks like a car that’s in pretty good shape. Good luck with the project.

Welcome to FBBO. Love the GTX models. Of course I’m partial to them having one myself. Looks like a car that’s in pretty good shape. Good luck with the project.
I was surprised and pleased at the condition of the body. The vinyl top is in really good shape. The paint on it is new (before storage in barn 20+ years ago).

Welcome from Ohio, winters coming and with a tranny book they're not that hard to work on, just an idea.

welcome to the site and sweet gtx.

Thanks everyone.

I haven’t driven this an inch yet and I already love it. Makes me think of being 16 again.

Welcome from Ohio, winters coming and with a tranny book they're not that hard to work on, just an idea.
45 or 47 years ago I would have already had it apart. Since the only information I have on it was “it’s not any good”, I’m going with a guy that used to build my son’s transmissions for his quarter mile cars. Those were Fox Body Mustangs AODs and C4s and he’s supposed to be better with TorgueFlites.

Auto Transport Service
Back