• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New, old Mopar owner

Sheriffandy013

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Hello, just got a 1968 Charger. Not a rotisserie but, new paint, original metal, and no rust. Heavily documented back to the mid 70s and about 80k original miles, Im super stoked. The car has a column shift auto and a 318 which I want to remove and go 440. It runs well though for now and Ill drive it the way she is while I put a solid motor and tranny together. The car does need new interior so that search has begun, any other options besides legendary? Originally the entire interior was baby blue but, Id like to move to black. Also, its still running on points, what the best brand to convert? Thanks!!

Welcome to Mopar from north of Detroit...we like pics

Legendary for interior is about the best. Most likely they will be back ordered due to supply. Hope your not in a hurry! 440'

car.jpg
The new old car

Greetings from Upstate NY. Regarding replacing your points, Rick Rehrenberg sells US made electronic conversions complete with the harness and distributor that are very high quality and that is the one I use. He is on E-bay, seller 39806. He has been around a long time and is highly informed.

Greetings from PA! If you order an interior from a supplier, it will probably be a Legendary Auto Interiors kit anyway. Wait time is 6 months!

Nice car! As far as points goes look into pertronix ignitor 2, keeps your factory distributor and eliminates the ballast. From the outside nobody will know. No extra harnesses or control modules. Very simple install.

Welcome from Indiana. Congratulations on the Charger, lots of people would donate an organ for what you have. As far as ignition systems go, I’d look into the Ehrenberg setup. Good luck.

Welcome from Alabama, nice score on a 68 Charger. As far as points go, if you are going to switch, why not wait and make that change with the planned 440. There is nothing wrong with points and a quality new set and tune up should last until you can accomplish your other goals.

Welcome Sheriff! Why don’t you, uh … loosen your bullets?

Lilly Von Shtupp.jpg

:D Sorry. I couldn't help myself. I get ornery once in awhile.

Congrats on the new old ride! Keep us posted on your progress, and hit me up if I can help.

Greetings from Upstate NY. Regarding replacing your points, Rick Rehrenberg sells US made electronic conversions complete with the harness and distributor that are very high quality and that is the one I use. He is on E-bay, seller 39806. He has been around a long time and is highly informed.
Same here.

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

Welcome to FBBO

Auto Transport Service
Back