• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

no brake fluid getting to rear

CarKnockerJim

Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
I have replaced the front calipers and rear wheel cylinders on my 71 charger....front brakes are bleed and working GREAT.....I cant get ANY fluid to the rear wheel cylinders.....I'm at the end of my rope....I haven't replaced the lines....they "look" good on the outside....I am thinking about cracking the lines at all the junctions and blowing compressed air thru them.....I would think that the brake line pressure would be higher though.....any ideas or tips here???

If it's a collapsed line, compressed air will probably make it worse.

My money is on the proportioning valve. I had the same trouble with my 68 Charger. Is your brake light on also? Normally when that valve sticks in either front or rear position, it will turn on the brake light. There are a few threads on here dealing with these issues.

I had the same issue w/ mine. It was the prop valve but I blew air through the whole rear system. I also found my rear wheel cylinders were clogged as well. Just go through each section one at a time to make sure they are clear. Remove the entire prop valve and clean out.

Auto Transport Service
Back