• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not tech say enough

gto64gto

Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
I am 77 years old and not computer or phone savvy. I have been a member of this forum for I know over 10 years. I can't do anything on my phone unless someone helps me. I have worked on cars as a hobby all my life and learned because someone showed me how. I do not know how to take pictures on my phone and put it on my computer so I can put it on this forum. Might seem like a joke but I'm sure a lot of older members can relate to this. I listed a oil pump and billet rear seal kit from Mancini which was new. Ad was stopped and I tried to explain my problem. You can't believe the reply I got from who ever checked the ads. Seemed they think everyone can do it. Some how it was posted and there is a gentleman in San Jose who is happy. I tried to list an ad for a new radiator shroud that I don't need and ran into the same problem. I told them to just drop the ad. I know when I first joined, that a picture wasn't required as I bought and sold a lot of things I needed. I have always liked this site and recommended it to a lot of people. I want any more. Not crying over spilled milk but the controllers of this site don't seem to relate to something like this. NO instructions on how to but YOU CAN"T WITHOUT PICTURES. I understand why but no understanding from them. This post will probably ne canceled but I feel like I should explain the other side od the coin

Might seem like a joke but I'm sure a lot of older members can relate to this.
I feel your pain.When it comes to phones and computers I'm dumber than a box of rocks.
I know I have always been "learning disabled" and a bunch of other big words but I just say stupid (ME not anyone else)
If it weren't for my wife I wouldn't be even able to do this. She posts all my sales ads and photos.

I would be happy to post up pics of the parts you want to sell on your FOR SALE posts if they are new and "perfect" -
I don't see why we couldn't use the pics from the actual manufacturer/company that sold it to you to begin with, right?

You need to find someone to help you. A neighbor, friend,or relative. I run into computer and cell phone issues from time to time that I don't understand. My youngest is good to help me out. They understand it, a lot of it I don't. Photos are required because of all the unnecessary requests from buyers that want to see what they are buying. I don't blame them. With all the scammers there are out there now days, a few photos of what you are selling shouldn't be too much to ask. You will need a cell phone. I don't know if a flip phone will work. Or you will need photos of your parts in a photo file on your computer. Prepare the add here on the site in the correct sale forum and click the add photos button. It will take you directly to your photo files. Find the photos you want to post and double click to load them. If that's outside of your comfort zone, get some help.

I feel your pain.When it comes to phones and computers I'm dumber than a box of rocks.
I know I have always been "learning disabled" and a bunch of other big words but I just say stupid (ME not anyone else)
If it weren't for my wife I wouldn't be even able to do this. She posts all my sales ads and photos.
Nothing wrong with not knowing. You found help.

Your not the only one out there that struggles with tech. Im 48 yrs old and can’t figure out a lot of things. Honestly I don’t care to learn either, I simply don’t need it. On the other hand I do everything web related on my phone, don’t even own another device. Its just to much to have to maintain and trying to transfer stuff from one device to another.

I feel the same about all the computer stuff also but that's the world we live in today. With that said, I use a lap top for this site and all others. I won't use my phone because the format is too small for big fingers.

I use a phone... for phone calls. ok, I can do pix and map, but that's it. This, and internet stuff, is computer usage. I say, get the kids, youngsters, to do the job for ya. We've done enough for them throughout the years !

Perhaps another member lives close enough to @gto64gto that they could visit and help a little from time to time?
I'd do it, but it'd be a heck of a commute from here.

Age is not a barrier. You can learn. My Dad started to learn computers in his 80's. In his 90's he was teaching computer basics at the senior center. He made it to almost 103........

iPod might be a good idea. Before I bought, I would have the salesperson teach me how to use it. From turning it on, to taking and editing a photo, then to put in it on FBBO. When I was confident I could do everything I wanted, I would buy.

I use an old Olympus 8080 camera. This is my third in a decade. On default settings from the factory, I don't have to make any adjustments, though I do make adjustments in iPhoto that comes with my computer. it takes excellent photos (8 megapixel) and they're easy to put on my computer. The default settings are the right size to work everywhere I lurk. I've started making movies since I got my dog. You can buy a good used one for around $50 on eBay and call me. I will walk you through it. These two photos have no adjustments and would still be good enough.

P1014703.JPG
P1014704.JPG

@gto64gto if you could start by learning to text pictures to another phone, maybe that person would post up your ad for you. I'd be willing to help out. It's not that hard once you learn the process.

You need to find someone to help you. A neighbor, friend,or relative. I run into computer and cell phone issues from time to time that I don't understand. My youngest is good to help me out. They understand it, a lot of it I don't. Photos are required because of all the unnecessary requests from buyers that want to see what they are buying. I don't blame them. With all the scammers there are out there now days, a few photos of what you are selling shouldn't be too much to ask. You will need a cell phone. I don't know if a flip phone will work. Or you will need photos of your parts in a photo file on your computer. Prepare the add here on the site in the correct sale forum and click the add photos button. It will take you directly to your photo files. Find the photos you want to post and double click to load them. If that's outside of your comfort zone, get some help.
I can take a picture with my phone and text it to you (that's what I did with my last sale) BUT I don't know what a photo file is (I don't have any pictures on my computer) and if I don't have any pictures on my computer and don't have any photo file, I sure can't do that. Glad you can but even if you know how to do some things that I don't know how to do, I bet there are a lot of things that I know how to do that you wouldn't have any idea how to. It's always been that way and always will. I've been a member for a long time and have sold some parts and helped some out and you can't find 1 complaint against me.

I can take a picture with my phone and text it to you (that's what I did with my last sale) BUT I don't know what a photo file is (I don't have any pictures on my computer) and if I don't have any pictures on my computer and don't have any photo file, I sure can't do that. Glad you can but even if you know how to do some things that I don't know how to do, I bet there are a lot of things that I know how to do that you wouldn't have any idea how to. It's always been that way and always will. I've been a member for a long time and have sold some parts and helped some out and you can't find 1 complaint against me.
ANy photo that you take with your phone automatically goes to your photo file. The software here automatically opens that photo file and allows you to choose the photos you want to post in your ad. Just hit the Ad Photos button. Try it here.
1700339998024.png

Age is not a barrier. You can learn. My Dad started to learn computers in his 80's. In his 90's he was teaching computer basics at the senior center. He made it to almost 103........
I agree with you 100 % but I can't get anyone to show me how. It's just me and my wife and ever once in a while, Some of the family comes by but not so often. I don't think there's much that I can't learn but if no one shows me how, then how can I learn ?

ANy photo that you take with your phone automatically goes to your photo file. The software here automatically opens that photo file and allows you to choose the photos you want to post in your ad. Just hit the Ad Photos button. Try it here. View attachment 1559356
Thanks but does anyone understand I don't know how to get my phone pictures from my phone to my computer and then if on my computer how to go from pictures on my computer (which I don't have any) to a ad?

Thanks but does anyone understand I don't know how to get my phone pictures from my phone to my computer and then if on my computer how to go from pictures on my computer (which I don't have any) to a ad?
You don't have to. Just post them here from your phone. Do you go anywhere on the internet by using your phone? You will need to go to For B Bodies Only from Google or what ever your internet access is. I don't have an I Phone so I can't be much help there. You need to access FBBO on your phone and download photos to your ad. You can put together your ad on your computer and use your phone for the photos.

Auto Transport Service
Back