• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nz 70 rr

Thanks for the feedback 70 Viper.
Hi Hawk, Hope you had a great summers cruising with plenty of car shows. There is plenty of small jobs to be completed but driving it is more fun. My Challenger has a 438 stroker in it and every time I switch between cars I miss that extra power , the Roadrunner deserves its chance for more Hp.
Quick question for you, Did your RR have door glass stoppers to limit how far down you could wind the door windows down. Passenger side is the problem as glass goes to far below top of door and i often have to remove the door card to get the window back up. Rear windows have stoppers. If fronts do , would you have taken a photo of yours ?
I brought a new water temp sender and have fitted it but no movement on the gauge, will be getting my head under the dash and checking connections . Bound to something simple.

Hi Tony,

I looked and I have several of the small parts here and there, I don't have anything obvious that would answer your question.

The window regulator itself should have a stop that limits the down travel. Yours likely has an issue. See picture below (from a sedan, but coupe/hardtop should be the same).

Good Luck!

Hawk
Window Regulator.JPG

Thanks for the responce Hawk, your diagram is great and it will head me in the right direction. Will be a job for next week, let you know how I get on.
Cheers, Tony

I have a well documented history of putting items in backwards and upside down, is this another example. In my rush to get car finished for my big trip have I got my left and right window regulators mixed up. Pulled the passenger one out and saw the stopped that is built into the regulator. My stopper is coming into play when I wind my window up. Biggest clue is that my spring helps me wind down.
I have the regulators in the wrong doors don't I ?

Half way, put the regulator out of passg. into driver side and wow the door glass is easy to wind up now. How have I not noticed an issue with the door glass before now, only been 20 months. Having lunch then back to finish the job. The built in stopper halts the glass just before in disappears into the door, perfect.

Glad you got it sorted out. Although a mistake during assembly, it ended up being a cheap fix! I can't tell you how many things I had to do over because I did some dumb thing during assembly - it's easy to do!

Having trouble with brake imbalance up front, just checking do I have shoes on the correct way.

Summer over here and have had car out often , have not done much to her except put an aerial in. Righthand guard looks complete.

Big plan for winter is more power, got an opportunity to put a 440 in , so 90% chance of happening. This means 4 speed recon and look at clutch. Better finish the hood also.

DSC07897.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back