• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old school Nascar history, pictures

rp23g7

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I have been in Modesto, Ca, for the last week visiting my wifes family.

My brother in law's step dad passed away a few weeks ago

His step dad was Jack McCoy.

Some of you may have heard of him, for those that havent, he had been racing since the 50's, and raced Winston West from 64-74.

He took his cars around to the Fruit Yard and the college in Modesto, he ran McCoy Tires in the Valley too.

He wrote a book called Racings Real McCoy, pretty interesting if you find it. He also ran the Cannonball Run in 75, coming in second.

We went to his storage shop to sort out the cars between my brother and law and Ernie Conn yesterday.

His 69 Daytona was there, his 2 50 Dodges, and a bunch of other stuff.

He also has Ray Elders 71 Charger, and Bobby Issac's 71 Charger.

He is selling a 70 Chrysler 300H, he has a new 300C, that is totaled but the hemi is still good, and he has 3 Australian Hemi 6's he will sell, one is mine, but he will sell the other two.

I guess they have some kind of Nascar/sportscar meet at Sears Point in a month or so. They are planning to bring all the cars to make a lap of the track

I need to resize my pictures or post them somewhere, cause i think they are too big.

Update, posting on Photobucket as i type

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss161/rp23g7/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited:
Those are some amazing pictures, that must have been quite a kool place to mill around in. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, it was a great old school shop. Muncie and top loader and 727 transmissions on shelves, those cross rams on the shelves, 3 Hemi blocks against the wall, rear ends on the shelves. I could have spent the whole day there.

Thanks everyone, if anyone wants a book i will try to get them one, also, let me know if anyone is interested in the 5.7 Hemi, the 300H or one of the Hemi 6's

I was going to call him this week to find out. I will let everyone know.

My condolences to the McCoy family, I have seen his car at MJC over the years.
I live next to Modesto and always look forward to the MJC show, I hope the family will be at the Modesto show in June in honor of Mr. McCoy.

My condolences to the McCoy family, I have seen his car at MJC over the years.
I live next to Modesto and always look forward to the MJC show, I hope the family will be at the Modesto show in June in honor of Mr. McCoy.

Thanks Ramcharger,

I think they were talking about a show called Wine Country classic, in june or so? The were going to take all the cars and make a lap of the track.

Auto Transport Service
Back