• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Only took 3 hours to load a car because of this.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
Once this thing was cleared off, an 89 Saab SPG turbo 4 speed was a piece of cake to load. The driver wanted the Saab at the front since it was the lightest car, then a late model Mustang was loaded and then the pickup. The pickup is fairly new too and the damage was mostly cosmetic. I think the driver is going to have to train his helper/girlfriend a bit more lol

Dumped Chevy truck.jpg

Oops too funny

yeah the helper needs to be better at directions or taking direction

89 Saab??? What the hell are doing with that thing?
It's not just any old Swab....it's an SPG!! lol. I have a good friend that's been into those bastids for years but I think he got his fill with this one. Anyways, I helped him move and he had a buyer in Alabama for the car but the paper work had a slight snag. He also had a buyer for his property and needed to be out by the end of February and the paper work wasn't going to be on time before moving and instead of him hauling it another 200 miles further away, I just brought it to my place for short term storage until the corrected paper work came and things could be settled with the buyer of the car.....and yes, there seems to be a following for these things. I'm glad somebody likes them because I sure don't! My bud lost on this deal though. He paid too much for it and then painted it, did some interior and minor mechanical work. He paid 3300 for it 2 years ago and sold it for 3k but do not know exactly how much he had in paint etc. At least he made out pretty good on the 11.5 acres he sold.

It's not just any old Swab....it's an SPG!! lol. I have a good friend that's been into those bastids for years but I think he got his fill with this one. Anyways, I helped him move and he had a buyer in Alabama for the car but the paper work had a slight snag. He also had a buyer for his property and needed to be out by the end of February and the paper work wasn't going to be on time before moving and instead of him hauling it another 200 miles further away, I just brought it to my place for short term storage until the corrected paper work came and things could be settled with the buyer of the car.....and yes, there seems to be a following for these things. I'm glad somebody likes them because I sure don't! My bud lost on this deal though. He paid too much for it and then painted it, did some interior and minor mechanical work. He paid 3300 for it 2 years ago and sold it for 3k but do not know exactly how much he had in paint etc. At least he made out pretty good on the 11.5 acres he sold.
Saabs were great cars till GM fucked them up & screwed the pooch. The 900 series though ugly, performed very well...outstanding brakes.

My dad had '76 Saab 99 in late '70's. First FWD car I drove. Was pretty quick, comfortable, good MPG. Took it out for drive in the snow (1 1/2"). Wide, open road, 55 mph wiggling the wheel. FWD supposed to be good in snow. Before I knew it I was sliding down the road backwards. OOOPs.

So how did they get the truck back off?
After helping him look it over real good and discounting using floor jacks and blocking etc, the only good options were to call in a wrecker or tie onto it with a truck. He asked me if I had a truck. Told him I'm not about to hook onto it and take the chance of being responsible for damage and to cut the trailer loose, block the wheels good and use his own truck. Besides, his was a dually and 4 tires on the ground beats 2 any day and that's what he did. 1st attempt he started spinning but very slowly. 2nd attempt and after looking it over for a bit and re positioning his truck, it came off! That surprised me since the left front wheel of the stuck truck had to go up and over a cross beam and that was like a wall. The beam was nearly dead center with the wheel. I suppose the tires were now warmed up on the dually and had a bit more grip because they didn't spin at all that time. There was also a late model Mustang on there too and he wanted the Saab up front and over the bed of the dually, then the Mustang went back on in the middle and then the pickup. By the time it was all said and done, a little over 3 hours had passed and several neighbors watched a different show lol

Saabs were great cars till GM fucked them up & screwed the pooch. The 900 series though ugly, performed very well...outstanding brakes.
I've driven a couple Saabs similar to this one and yes, they did perform well and had great brakes. When did GM fork em up....in 89 or 2000?

After helping him look it over real good and discounting using floor jacks and blocking etc, the only good options were to call in a wrecker or tie onto it with a truck. He asked me if I had a truck. Told him I'm not about to hook onto it and take the chance of being responsible for damage and to cut the trailer loose, block the wheels good and use his own truck. Besides, his was a dually and 4 tires on the ground beats 2 any day and that's what he did. 1st attempt he started spinning but very slowly. 2nd attempt and after looking it over for a bit and re positioning his truck, it came off! That surprised me since the left front wheel of the stuck truck had to go up and over a cross beam and that was like a wall. The beam was nearly dead center with the wheel. I suppose the tires were now warmed up on the dually and had a bit more grip because they didn't spin at all that time. There was also a late model Mustang on there too and he wanted the Saab up front and over the bed of the dually, then the Mustang went back on in the middle and then the pickup. By the time it was all said and done, a little over 3 hours had passed and several neighbors watched a different show lol

I've driven a couple Saabs similar to this one and yes, they did perform well and had great brakes. When did GM fork em up....in 89 or 2000?
GM absorbed them after the millenium change.

Auto Transport Service
Back